• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pad Care ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pad Care ??

In the video that accompanyed the Meguiars PC, Barry shows you that cleaning the pads is limited to allowing them to dry, then beating out the excess, then putting back into open plastic bag. Is this still the best way to preserve these expensive pads? If not, please elaborate. I mark mine with a Sharpie on the back side with the name of the product and dedicate it to that product. If I have used one for a product, can it be cleaned to the point that it could be used with a different product? Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by msmarcus; Mar 26, 2004, 07:11 AM.
    Mark
    1969 Mustang Mach 1 428CJ
    1988 Mustang LX 5.0 Conv
    2002 F150 Harley Davidson
    2003 Mustang Mach 1 4.6 DOHC

I'd like to know more about pad care also because I'm considering buying a PC. I believe your on the Registry (I've seen your avatar there I **think**) What do you use on your Azure Blue Mach 1? I've got some minor swirls that I'd like to get rid of & would like to attempt removing them without a PC first. The next time I wax it, I'm going to use Speed Glaze for a cleaner, then DC Step 2 for a polish, and top it with NXT (all by hand). I've not had a chance to do this yet, so I'm not sure how this combo will work. I'd welcome everyones thoughts.
    2003 Mach 1
    Azure Blue
    5 speed/IUP
    2007 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    KY Horsepower

Comment

Swirls - ugh.

I - too - have Swirl issues (on my Vette). And I have been thinking about getting a Dual Action Polisher. Check out Mike's replies to my situation. BTW - Nice Stangs. I had two ('01 &'91) prior to getting my Vette.
      Have an awesome day!

Comment

I read your other post & found it informative, but was curious about pad care too. Nice looking Vette-those wheels really makes the metallic blue stand out!
        2003 Mach 1
        Azure Blue
        5 speed/IUP
        KY Horsepower

Comment

try this post there is some info in there....

Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Hey, I have seen you at the Registry also. This is a great board also. After seeing the results from Mike and others with NXT, I tried it on the Mach. I washed, clayed then applied NXT with the PC two coats. Looks absolutely terrific. Now, this car has only 2,000 miles on it and spends 99% of it's life in the garage with about 70% with a California Car Cover on it. So the paint is looks very new with no swirls. On my '69 I used the Swirl Remover 2.0 with the PC and NXT. It did a great job with the swirls and light scratches. Check the other post in the Makeovers catagory.
            Mark
            1988 Mustang LX 5.0 Conv

Comment

Mine only has 3000 miles on it & it's not my daily driver, but unfortuanately, I live in an apt. & have no garage. The car is always covered with a Covercraft Weatherguard cover which does an excellant job. It does have some minor swirls so I'm going to try the hand application of the above listed products & if that doesn't work, invest in a PC. I want that Azure Blue looking beautiful
              2003 Mach 1
              Azure Blue
              5 speed/IUP
              KY Horsepower

Comment

See you in Nashville. Mike, in a previous post you stated that there will be tours of the production plant in Nashville. Can you elaborate on this. Where the plant is, what the schedule might be. I would be very interested to visit while there.
                Mark
                1988 Mustang LX 5.0 Conv

Comment

Hi all,

I'll get some information on the tours of the Meguiar’s manufacturing plant next week. I'll also post some information on pad care.

If your thinking about purchasing a porter cable then if you can hold off your purchase until sometime next week, I'm putting together a Package Deal for members of Meguiar's Online which will bundle everything you need into one package that includes the G-100a with it's lifetime warranty for a price that cannot be beat!

Mike
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips

I'm putting together a Package Deal for members of Meguiar's Online which will bundle everything you need into one package that includes the G-100a with it's lifetime warranty for a price that cannot be beat!

Mike
                    You have my undivided attention!
                    2003 Mach 1
                    Azure Blue
                    5 speed/IUP
                    KY Horsepower

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');