• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Car Glaze before or after NXT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show Car Glaze before or after NXT?

I have an '03 Mustang and have cleaned it with the clay bar, then used NXT, 2 coats. Amazing look. Question though, going to a show later in April with car. Since it has NXT on it, can I use the Show Car Glaze over that? Will I have to sandwich another layer of NXT after using it? On my truck, I haven't dont the NXT, but after the look on the Mustang, will definately be doing it soon. Thanks in advance for the help. I love this board!!
    Mark
    1969 Mustang Mach 1 428CJ
    1988 Mustang LX 5.0 Conv
    2002 F150 Harley Davidson
    2003 Mustang Mach 1 4.6 DOHC

Re: Show Car Glaze before or after NXT?

Originally posted by msmarcus
    I have an '03 Mustang and have cleaned it with the clay bar, then used NXT, 2 coats. Amazing look. Question though, going to a show later in April with car. Since it has NXT on it, can I use the Show Car Glaze over that? Will I have to sandwich another layer of NXT after using it? On my truck, I haven't don’t the NXT, but after the look on the Mustang, will definitely be doing it soon. Thanks in advance for the help. I love this board!!
    Hi msmarcus,

Technically speaking, the Tech Wax should be applied over the #7 Show Car Glaze.

My thoughts on this are why would you want to? From my experience, NXT leaves a wet-look finish, (to a car with paint in excellent condition), and doesn't need a topper. Especially after the second coat.

Applying a rich polish like the #7 over a wax can sometimes make the #7 difficult to remove, of course this will vary between paint types, and the skill level of the user.

If you want, try this,

Apply #7 to small section of the deck lid and then remove. Inspect and compare the results to the NXT section without any #7 Show Car Glaze.

Be sure to inspect in both artificial light, and bright sunlight to obtain a complete assessment. Then post back here what you see, and how well it worked, or didn't.

Hope this helps...

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks for the info Mike,

I will try in on my '02 truck and see if it's worth the extra step.
      Mark
      1969 Mustang Mach 1 428CJ
      1988 Mustang LX 5.0 Conv
      2002 F150 Harley Davidson
      2003 Mustang Mach 1 4.6 DOHC

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');