• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polish/Wax recommendation please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polish/Wax recommendation please

Can I have recommendation which polish/wax products I need for my car below and the procedures?

BMW Z4 2007
    Black color

I have a car polisher / buffer.
    Thanks!

Re: Polish/Wax recommendation please

Any condition, problems, etc? Or pics?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Is your buffer a orbital or a dual action? Are you trying to do any paint correction? Or do you plan on just waxing?
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

M26 or Nxt 2.0 wax. Although most of the guys would recommend M26 coz its a black car, I think Nxt is better. It lasts long and has that bold look. You can try both though.

Comment

If the paint needs minimal correction and you have a DA or rotary buffer:
          1. M205
          2. M21 (Let cure at least 12 hours.)
          3. Meguiars Gold Class or M26 as LSP.
          I add step 3 because I find that they add depth and a wet look.
          Best Regards,
          Scott

Comment

Hi, sorry I was away.

Thanks for the replies. I have orbital polisher.

Therefore, what are the steps when applying M205, M21, M26 (all with polisher?) ?

Paint condition is still good and glossy, but there is a minor scratch.

Thanks

Comment

ssg10, if you have an orbital buffer, then it useless for paint correction. You can use it to apply and remove waxes, but that's about all. I used to have an orbital; I gave it to Goodwill. If you want to to real paint-corrective polishing, you will need to purchase a dual action polisher (and pads). Check out these articles:

Machine Photos - DA Polishers - Rotary Buffers - Traditional Orbital Buffers

Rotary vs DA Polisher vs Traditional Orbital Buffer

Regarding choice of wax for your black BMW, it's all personal preference. If I were in your shoes, I would first try Gold Class Carnauba Plus. I prefer carnauba waxes on black. My second choice would be NXT. My third choice would be M26, which is beautiful on black but perhaps not quite as durable as NXT and GC. But as I said, it's personal preference. There's only one way to find out which one you will like best on your ride.

Another wax to consider purchasing is ColorX. This is a cleaner wax. It will remove oxidation and contaminants and leave behind a layer of protection. Many MOL members use ColorX periodically and then top it with their wax of choice. See this article:

Your Daily Driver: A Simple Wash & Wax Regimen
              Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
              --Al Kimel

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');