• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailing on black car!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailing on black car!!

I want to apply my car on this weekend.There are some secret grimes and a lot of scratch that are not too deep.This will be my first time for applying .

Am I right to use these products and steps??

1.Wash
    2.Clay with clay kit
    3.Meguiars Scratch X 2.0
    4.Polish with
    Meguiars #7 Show Car Glaze
    Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0

Re: Detailing on black car!!

For a whole car, you may do better with Ultimate Compound if you can find it.

Or the new little tubs of the polishing/rubbing compounds.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Your process looks fine. Just be sure to do a TEST SPOT with the ScratchX before polishing the entire vehicle: How to do a Test Spot.
      Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
      --Al Kimel

Comment

Agreed, Def do a test spot.

At the end, add to the rest Meg's #26 Hi-tech Yellow Wax. Looks SOOOOO Sick on a Black Car. Car was essentially swirl free and was very fun to work on.

Comment

Ultimate Compound may be a better choice for you. If you gonna work outdoors keep in mind that Show Car Glaze gets effected by hot temperature and high humidity. In that case switch to New Car Glaze and you won't have any problem to remove it.
          If you topped Next Tech Wax with M26 or Gold Class Carnauba you get fantastic wet black look. Let Tech Wax rest for 12 hours before Carnauba.

Comment

Originally posted by greg0303 View Post
            Let Tech Wax rest for 12 hours before Carnauba.
            Slight correction. FOR Optimal Results. Apply and remove NXT 2.0 with in the perscribed time. Which should be 15-30 mins, wipe off. THEN you can let cure for up to 12 hours. I have NOT noticed much of a diff between 1 - the 12 hours but since I apply more product. It gets layed anyways.

Comment

12-hour period is recommended by Meguiar's before laying a second coat of wax. It takes a long time for Tech Wax to fully bond to the surface.

Comment

Ultimate Compound may be a better choice for you. If you gonna work outdoors keep in mind that Show Car Glaze gets effected by hot temperature and high humidity. In that case switch to New Car Glaze and you won't have any problem to remove it.
                If you topped Next Tech Wax with M26 or Gold Class Carnauba you get fantastic wet black look. Let Tech Wax rest for 12 hours before Carnauba.
                I'm going to apply indoor conditions and I think that show car glaze will be better for this,but also new car glaze possible choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                  For a whole car, you may do better with Ultimate Compound if you can find it.

Or the new little tubs of the polishing/rubbing compounds.
                  What do you mean with polishing/rubbing compounds? Does this wax?

Comment

I like your process. But, as others have stated, do the test spot first. Don't give up after one application of the scratch-x. It takes some elbow grease to work effectively.

You may need to step up to the Ultimate compound if the scratch-x is not doing the job.

Rubbing compound is not a wax.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

12-hour period is recommended by Meguiar's before laying a second coat of wax. It takes a long time for Tech Wax to fully bond to the surface.
                      If your working on your car, in your space, thats fine. Try that with a customer's car and I can tell you. I nor the customer can wait 12 hours. I have let mine cure for 12 but that was my own car and It was parked in the garage over night and finished up in the morning.

Giving it some time to cure is the best method and the manufacture will give you a time table for reference but if you let it only cure for a few hours the results does not diminish in my opinion enough to detract from the results.

Also to mention MOST here follow up with Ultimate Quick Wax which has/shares similar properties to NXT and it does the same job.

I have done about 10 cars with this process...

#7 Show Car Glaze
                      NXT 2.0
                      #26 Hi-tech Yellow
                      Ult Quick Wax

Every customer about lost their mind on how good the car looked and how well the water sheeted and I can tell you, none of them had the recommended curing time.

Comment

If you properly polish the paint then there is no need for the glaze.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubbin1 View Post
                          If you properly polish the paint then there is no need for the glaze.
                          Glaze has other properties that help as well. In my post I did not mention any paint correction.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');