• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Compound Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Compound Question

Hello all! New to the forums so first wanted to say what's up to everyone!

So I got a new hood for my Dodge Ram recently that was used which had some very bad holograms in it....looked real nasty. I just finished using Ultimate Compound on it ant it took everything away. Great product!!!

One question though: Because the hood had these holograms, do I need to re-apply Ultimate Compound every time I wash and wax to cover them? or does ultimate compound work as a one time solution for this type of thing?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Re: Ultimate Compound Question

Seeing this is your first post, Welcome to MOL!

Providing you used proper technique, Ultimate Compound should have removed the holograms, not just filled them. So unless you are using products and tools that will scratch your paint (meaning you are not instilling scratches and swirls back into the paint when touching it), you shouldn't have to use UC every time you wash/wax the car. Hope that helps!
    Shane
    1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Re: Ultimate Compound Question

Yeah, you'll just have to see after a couple washes to be sure you got everything, or if some more touch-ups are needed.

Other than that, unless you/someone cause more swirls/scratches, it wont be needed again. You would want something milder like SwirlX for regular details.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');