• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st Customer detail just arrived!!! Questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1st Customer detail just arrived!!! Questions.

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
    You are definitly going to want some sort of carpet brush and a small bristle brush to agitate the textured areas.
    what do you recommend Nick....can i just use a clean like, tire/wheel brush or fender well brush i use for cleaning tires/wheels/fender wells. They all get rinsed out after use
    Zach Hall

2001.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel - DD/Tow rig
    1983 Chevy C10 - Race/Show rig
    1939 Dodge D11 Luxury Liner Deluxe - Antique resto. project

Comment

im still wanting replies/thought on APC mix for the machine and bottle.
      Zach Hall

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsCrazed View Post
        what do you recommend Nick....can i just use a clean like, tire/wheel brush or fender well brush i use for cleaning tires/wheels/fender wells. They all get rinsed out after use
        No, I wouldnt do that.

Use a toothbrush, or go up to Walmart and buy a small bristle brush.

I used a toothbrush and some APC to clean the interior of this F-150 the other day.

50/50:

Read how I did the rest of the interior here:

2004 Ford F-150 Lariat 4x4
        Nick
        Tucker's Detailing Services
        815-954-0773
        2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

its not a leather seated vehicle, but use that method for dash, door panels etc?
          Zach Hall

Comment

its not a leather seated vehicle, but use that method for dash, door panels etc?
            Use it for areas on the door panels, center console, steering wheel, etc.

Usually you can just get away with wiping the dash down with some APC and a cotton towel.

What year is the van?
            Nick
            815-954-0773

Comment

its an 02ish dodge minivan. the more rounded body year range. Ill be sure and get some pictures before ad after
              Zach Hall

Comment

WHEW! so after about 12 hrs of vaccing, hot water extracting, and cleaning every inch of visible plastic, metal, vinyl, cloth, and rubber im finally to the point of where i can let the car air out really well and dry everything down before i apply dressing, window cleaner and odor eliminator. Heres my next set of questions guys.

Its a 2003 Dodge Caravan SXT model with only a few options. What would be the best dressing to go with for the interior. I have UP, QID, M40 and access to any OTC dressings you guys may recommend over those. What im going for is a quality dressing with a good scent, not greasy to the touch after drying and nothing that will shine too badly. This is a gravel driven vehicle and anything that dries greasy im sure will attract TONS of dust. Next question, is how many applications of Odor Eliminator should i apply, and how heavily. Should i let it dry out before any additional coats? Id like to have the vehicle finished and ready to go by Monday AM.
                Zach Hall

Comment

I would dress it with either QID or M40.

Spray the Odor Eliminator on all the cloth seats and on the carpet.
                  Nick
                  815-954-0773

Comment

WHEW! so after about 12 hrs of vaccing, hot water extracting, and cleaning every inch of visible plastic, metal, vinyl, cloth, and rubber im finally to the point of where i can let the car air out really well and dry everything down before i apply dressing, window cleaner and odor eliminator. Heres my next set of questions guys.

Its a 2003 Dodge Caravan SXT model with only a few options. What would be the best dressing to go with for the interior. I have UP, QID, M40 and access to any OTC dressings you guys may recommend over those. What im going for is a quality dressing with a good scent, not greasy to the touch after drying and nothing that will shine too badly. This is a gravel driven vehicle and anything that dries greasy im sure will attract TONS of dust. Next question, is how many applications of Odor Eliminator should i apply, and how heavily. Should i let it dry out before any additional coats? Id like to have the vehicle finished and ready to go by Monday AM.
                    12 hours+ for 1 vehicle?

Comment

that certainly is a long time ... but its your first detail so its understandable. Most guys on here could tackle it in a third the time. Be careful with cleaning and scrubbing to much as you can marr the plastic finish and worst dry out the finish thus not allowing your dressings to jive.

Comment

i didnt really scrub much, i sprayed 8-10:1 APC+ on everything and just went over it quick with a toothbrush, then wiped off.

So whats con concensus here then, QID or M40, also, should i spray the odor eliminator on he headliner as well?
                        Zach Hall

Comment

i would go over all the hard surfaces with QID.

I wouldnt spray it directly on the headliner, just mist it over the carpet and seats.
                          Nick
                          815-954-0773

Comment

ok, QID it is then, should i use new 2010 stuff or the older stuff? Is there any change in product?
                            Zach Hall

Comment

ok, QID it is then, should i use new 2010 stuff or the older stuff? Is there any change in product?
                              Whichever verion of QID you have is fine.

I ran out of the old version so I use the newest formula.
                              Nick
                              815-954-0773

Comment

i have all the old stuff, but since everything is clean and only the cleaning abilty was tweaked it shouldnt matter anyway.
                                Zach Hall

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');