• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

advice needed SWIRL marks again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice needed SWIRL marks again

Hi, Ive got a BMW Z4 in black which is now 5 years old and in sun light shows a lot of swirl marks. I'm made my mind up to use a G220 to try and sort it.Is this a good plan of attack ???
    speed glaze polishing pad or swirlx ( not sure which one)
    nxt tech 2.0 finishing pad

Any advice or ideas for a new starter would be most welcome

Cheers Marky

Re: advice needed SWIRL marks again

Yeah, pretty much. You can look at something like #105/Ultimate Compound if you need a stronger cleaner.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Is the color Jet Black or is it the metallic black, I don't remember it's name. If it is Jet Black then it's no real surprise the swirls came back, it is a very very soft paint and notorious for scratching and swirling. I would try a very light polishing step and see what kind of correction you can achieve, something like Mequiar's #205 and a polishing or finishing pad. The 205 may or may not finishing down perfect and may need a final step afterwards to get the paint perfect, or you could just use your glaze for a temporary cover-up.

Once the paint is corrected be ultra careful about how the car is washed using the most paint friendly methods to keep your hard work intact for as long as possible.

Good Luck

Comment

If you have both M80 Speed Glaze and SwirlX, I would try the Speed Glaze first. Although SwirlX has the new SMAT technology and M80 has the old diminishing abrasives, the polishing oils and lower cut of M80 might work better on a softer paint. If M80 fails to do the job, then the SwirlX would be the next logical step up. Don't forget to do a test panel on the most swirled part of your car first.

Comment

Maryk_Mark:
          Just curious, do you happen to know the Funky Bunch?
          NOTE: Post count does not reflect actual detailing knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by ColonelCash View Post
            Maryk_Mark:
            Just curious, do you happen to know the Funky Bunch?
            Nice one, any info on the Funky Bunch

Comment

Originally posted by StadiumDetail View Post
              Is the color Jet Black or is it the metallic black, I don't remember it's name. If it is Jet Black then it's no real surprise the swirls came back, it is a very very soft paint and notorious for scratching and swirling. I would try a very light polishing step and see what kind of correction you can achieve, something like Mequiar's #205 and a polishing or finishing pad. The 205 may or may not finishing down perfect and may need a final step afterwards to get the paint perfect, or you could just use your glaze for a temporary cover-up.

Once the paint is corrected be ultra careful about how the car is washed using the most paint friendly methods to keep your hard work intact for as long as possible.

Good Luck
              It's metallic dose that make much difference
              Cheers Marky

Comment

No, same process.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');