• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Follow Meg's 205 with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Follow Meg's 205 with?

Is there anything from Meg's that I can follow 205 with to give a little more shine to my 81 Silver over Blue Corvette with original paint? I have a PC with Grey, and Blue pads.

Re: Follow Meg's 205 with?

I can't say about your specific car, but softer paints I use FPII after M205 for better gloss when finishing. On harder paints (e.g., Audi), I don't see any improvement from this step and stop with M205.

Comment

D151.
      I use it as finisher/glaze. I then top it with UQW. So easy. Lasts for about 6-7 weeks in MY enviroment (harsh).

I use D151 on all the windows.
      www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

I would recommend a sealant followed my a protected coat of carnauba wax. Some sealants after applied requires up to 12 hours of cure time in a dry environment before it can be washed or an application of wax so read the instructions carefully.
        BobbyG

Comment

On single stage paint, I would think Mirror Glaze #7 followed by a sealant like NXT2 then #26. The #7 will replenish some of the oils the paint needs.

Dave
          You repair things with tools. You fix things with a hammer.

Comment

I like using #21 after #205.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by dvtldav View Post
              On single stage paint, I would think Mirror Glaze #7 followed by a sealant like NXT2 then #26. The #7 will replenish some of the oils the paint needs.

Dave
              I second this. The silver may not get much boost from a coat of M7, but the dark blue should see imporvement in the depth of gloss & reflections. I like the #26 because it won't leave any spots or stains on the trim if a little bit should happen to come in contact while waxing.

Comment

Originally posted by dvtldav View Post

Dave
                I agree with Dave and William on this. I have worked on some cars with grey and #7 polish will help with paint oils. NXT2 will give it an incredible shine.
                Sleepy

Love the Classics!

Comment

Originally posted by sleepy View Post
                  I agree with Dave and William on this. I have worked on some cars with grey and #7 polish will help with paint oils. NXT2 will give it an incredible shine.
                  This one has Base coat/clear coat. So you guys think that #7 Show Car Glaze would bring out that little extra shine that I'm looking for? What about 3# Machine Glaze, would it offer any benefits or is it equal to #7,the only difference being is it is applied by machine like a PC?
                  I will then follow that up with a LSP Carnauba.
                  Thanks for the help.

Comment

I have a 2007 Buick Lucerne Ming Blue Metallic w/CC and I applied #7 to it after using M80 (Before they had 205) and I think it made the color look deeper. I then put NXT 2.0 and #26 over that.

Dave
                    You repair things with tools. You fix things with a hammer.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');