• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Product confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Product confusion

[QUOTE=searle;385221]

1) The consumer products tend to be in black bottles (but not always), while the professional products tent to be in red bottles. They often contain very similar products (like consumer NXT2.0 is similar to professional #21) with the consumer ones slightly optimized for hand application while the professional ones are slightly optimized for machine application. Still, I chose to apply #26 glaze by hand rather than the consumer DeepCrystal-2 glaze, even though they are very similar.

What Mirror Glaze Proffesional Line products are in red bottles??? Also, both NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 and M21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0 are formulated for use by hand and Dual Action Polisher. The only difference is that M21 is formulated to be used with a rotary buffer.

Finally, M26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax is not similar to Deep Crystal Polish at all.
    Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Here's a grain of salt ---> .
      "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research would it? (Albert Einstein 1879-1955)
      BOB

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
        Finally, M26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax is not similar to Deep Crystal Polish at all.
        Yes, sorry, meant to say #26 Carnuba was similar to DC3 Carnuba, trying to point out that both the consumer and profession products often have fairly similar products, in response to the original post question.

What Mirror Glaze Profesional Line products are in red bottles?
        I was trying to answer the original post question about black vs red bottled products. Yes, the Professional bottles are typically "maroon" bottles (not red, but what the original post was asking).

both NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 and M21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0 are formulated for use by hand and Dual Action Polisher. The only difference is that M21 is formulated to be used with a rotary buffer.
        Yes, that is what I was trying to point out in answer to the original question about the difference beweeen consumer vs professional bottles. The professional are often optimized for machine (rotary) use.
        2010 XRS

Comment

Mirror Glaze are in tan containers!!!
          "If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research would it? (Albert Einstein 1879-1955)
          BOB

Comment

Originally posted by RGP View Post
            yup, I was trying to guess what the original question was referring to in talking about black vs red. TAN is clearly the right description of the Mirror Glaze bottles. I guess that is what he was asking about, but who knows.

Actually, just occured to me he might have been asking about the red consumer bottles, like the cleaner wax, in which case he is likely asking about straight consumer bottles, the "normal" red ones and the GoldClass ones? Anyone have any ideas here...
            2010 XRS

Comment

Originally posted by RGP View Post
              Thats what I was thinking.

Originally posted by searle View Post
              TAN is clearly the right description of the Mirror Glaze bottles. I guess that is what he was asking about, but who knows.
              The OP made no reference to the Mirror Glaze line or tan colored bottles or containers. Most of this thread has been discussing product confusion in the consumer line.
              Nick
              Tucker's Detailing Services
              815-954-0773
              2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by stang_krazy View Post
                Ya, and when the clay shows signs of contamination then you knead it into itself to expos a clean and fresh side and flaten back out and work on the next section. Spray the clay and the next section and start over again.The way I clay is by doing half the hood or what ever section I'm working on before wiping clean if you wait to long then the quik detail will dry and then you will need to rewash,and to me I don't want to have to rewash for a second time to take up more time. practice and time will have you claying like a pro.

Just remember to do your test spots, also and when you get it down to where it looks good to your eyes and satisfied then proceed to your detail. spending more time on the cleaning steps, because that is where all your hard work will show up, but remember to always start with the least aggressive products. when your done with your lsp (last step product - your waxes)all the shine-gloss-deepth and rich color will show!! LATER
                Sorry had to rearrange a couple sentences, had them reversed.LOL
                ''USE THE LEAST AGGRESSIVE PRODUCT TO GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT''
                You Don't Know What You Can Do Until You Try '' TECHNIQUE IS EVERYTHING''
                Test Hoods Are Cheap And Most Of The Time Free

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');