• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tires wont stay glossy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires wont stay glossy

I want more shine to my tires. I clean my tires with APC then use all 3 insane products on tires, i like to layer them. Is this the problem. When i dress the tires i dont drive the for about 2 hours. People drive by me with that shine that catches your eye and i want that.

Re: Tires wont stay glossy

More is not always better. Use only one of your tire shine products and apply only one coat. Then, after about an hour, if you still want more gloss apply another layer of the same product. If two coats doesn't get you were you want to be, try a different product since I can't imagine more than two coats being needed ever.

Comment

What tire dressing are you using?

I'd suggest using Meguiar's Hot Shine Gel or NXT Insane shine for a glossy look.

I once put swirls in my paint just to see what it looked like.

I don't always detail cars, but when I do, I prefer Meguiar's.
      Remove swirls my friends.

Comment

Lately, I have been using All Season Dressing for my tires. I like the level of gloss it leaves and it lasts for a very long time.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Im am using hot shine tire foam and hot shine spray

Comment

I do not have any of the all purpose dressing, but i am ordering it so i will my post results. I would like the shine to last longer also so i cant to try APD

Comment

use hyper dressing straight and be shure to really scub the tire when cleaning,the cleaner the tire the more shin you will get once there dressed!!!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');