• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

External Vinyl..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External Vinyl..

I have a 5 year old Renault Megane. It's seen plenty of harsh sun in that time. The paint has mostly held up but big areas of vinyl have faded badly and unevenly. I have tried the usual products with no success. It's very ugly as the vinyl pieces have faded each to themselves. Anyone know how to restore them?

Re: External Vinyl..

From my experience I tried M40 and got wonderful results. Just to let you know you have to maintain it every carwash.
    '06 Honda Civic LX Coupe "Galaxy Gray"

Comment

If m40 doesnt work then m39 would be your only chance with needing to replace the vinyl or painting it.

Comment

Explaining the 'usual products' may help give some ideas.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

The usual products - yep, I should be more specific. The usual consumer products is what I meant. The Meguires consumer 'External Trim Detailer', Mother's 'Forever Black', ArmorAll protectant have all had a good run but fell short.

Comment

A dressing is only temporary, even Meguiars.

You are going to have to look into paint, or some sort of dy, etc if you want it to last longer. Dont have experience with those myself.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Vinyl only lasts so long, especially outside. The most common I have seen is 5 year, so it seems it is about time. The only real fix is replacing it.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');