• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M21 -> m07 -> m21?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M21 -> m07 -> m21?

I have 2 questions.

1) Will I benefit from this combo? M21 -> M07 -> M21 or should I simply go M07 and then M21?

2) Right now I'm using M105 and M205....but Im thinking of going M105 then M205 then Zaino ZPC then whatever is the answer to #1. Is ZPC compatible with M21 and M07?

Thanks.

Re: M21 -> m07 -> m21?

Since you already have M105/M205 you will want to do this:

1) Wash
    2) Clay
    3) M105
    4) M205
    5) M07 (Optional)
    6) M21 - two thin coats to ensure even coverage

I don't see why you would use ZPC after M105/M205. Isn't that Zaino's diminishing abrasives paint cleaner? I don't see you improving much over the M105/M205 combo you're already using (either in defect removal or finish quality), but I have never used ZPC.

Comment

I guess I should add that if ZPC was to be used after M105/M205 you would achieve more paint correction beyond what was achieved by M105/M205. Each pass with an abrasive product removes paint.

If it was me though I would choose what products to use by doing a test spot. Do a test spot with the least aggressive product first. If that's not enough you can try multiple passes with the same product or switch products. Dial in your process and then apply that process to the rest of the car.

Comment

How about someone "forgets" to put #07 after waxing.
        Is it OK to add it afterward, and then apply a second coat of wax (Nxt Tech Wax 2 in my case)?

Comment

Originally posted by philming View Post
          How about someone "forgets" to put #07 after waxing.
          Is it OK to add it afterward, and then apply a second coat of wax (Nxt Tech Wax 2 in my case)?

I have never done it this way, but from everything I read on MOL this shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you apply some kind of wax/sealant after M07 to lock it in. Otherwise the M07 can be washed away very easily since it is just polishing oils.

Comment

Yeah, really no need for polish on top of the wax.

Go polish, then 2 coats of wax.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
              Yeah, really no need for polish on top of the wax.

Go polish, then 2 coats of wax.
              Was going start a new thread, but......

If you put the wax on first, the oils in the M07 can't get into the pores of the paint?
              So you put the M07 on first then seal it in with the wax? Is that right?
              If you don't mind answering here.... Thanks.
              Success is never final, failure is never fatal. It's courage that counts.
              by John Wooden

'88 Honda

Comment

Originally posted by Jossy92 View Post
                Was going start a new thread, but......

If you put the wax on first, the oils in the M07 can't get into the pores of the paint?
                So you put the M07 on first then seal it in with the wax? Is that right?
                If you don't mind answering here.... Thanks.
                Well, I have a feeling if you were to apply your wax, then apply a polish over it, you are going to be rubbing a liquid with oils in it onto a surface of dried oils/polymers. So I would say there is a decent chance that the rubbing the polish in will disrupt in some way the wax underneath. It is not like there will be a layer of oils sandwiched between two coats of wax.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                  Well, I have a feeling if you were to apply your wax, then apply a polish over it, you are going to be rubbing a liquid with oils in it onto a surface of dried oils/polymers. So I would say there is a decent chance that the rubbing the polish in will disrupt in some way the wax underneath. It is not like there will be a layer of oils sandwiched between two coats of wax.
                  Much appreciated.
                  Success is never final, failure is never fatal. It's courage that counts.
                  by John Wooden

'88 Honda

Comment

At least, there seem to be no need to clay the entire car before applying MO7 if I understand well. Anyway, I think I'll do it the right way next time I actually find some time to take the DA out and UC-SX the whole car...

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');