• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Degreaser on Floor Mats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Degreaser on Floor Mats

I'm working on a very, very soiled floormat and APC+ isn't quite cutting it. Most of the dirt came up, but the main problem area is being quite stubborn. The stains are from ground in oil and I'm not sure what else to try that's more aggresive then non-diluted APC+. Has anyone had any luck using Super Degreaser on mats or carpet?

Re: Super Degreaser on Floor Mats

I have not used Super Degreaser on floor mats, but I have used the degreaser in a purple bottle sold at most stores, can't remember the name, but it's strong. I also used the degreaser sold at Costco. I remember it did not cause any problems and I had to rinse a lot.

I don't see why not. Are they carpeted or rubber?

Test spot as they say!
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Super Degreaser isn't formulated for or intended to be used for cleaning carpet or upholstery. Some people do use it this way, usually as a spot treatment but again there's no official recommendation for using this product in this manner.

One option is, after having done your best, maybe take the car to a reputable detail shop that has an extractor and let them tackle it?

To just have them do the carpets won't cost that much, one local detail shop where I live charged us $30.00, (If I remember correctly) to clean the carpets in our Pilot after years of wear-and-tear, they came out looking like new, the benefit to me was I didn't have to mess with it.

I take care of the paint but for carpets I'm more than willing to let a reputable shop that already has invested in an extractor to clean the carpets.

Just an idea...

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Joel
        Firefighter/EMT-B
        Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
        "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
        '99 F-150

Comment

Do you have the Detailer line foam can of upholstery cleaner called D10219? If not, get some. It's like magic in a bottle...

Comment

I don't have any. I'll have to pick some up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
              Do you have the Detailer line foam can of upholstery cleaner called D10219? If not, get some. It's like magic in a bottle...
              Totally agree!

Works great on household carpet and that old couch too.
              Scott

Comment

i would try the Detailer Line Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner or Quik Out. If that dosent work then try APC and see if that works. I would also suggest usingan interior brush.
                Nick
                Tucker's Detailing Services
                815-954-0773
                2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck91 View Post
                  i would try the Detailer Line Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner or Quik Out. If that dosent work then try APC and see if that works. I would also suggest usingan interior brush.
                  I've already tried APC+ and Quick Out. I'm also using an extractor and a pretty stiff carpet brush. I ended up using an extractor soap from Detail King that worked really well.

Is the Detailer line carpet & upholstery cleaner a rebadged Quick Out, or something different?

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');