• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shadowing from removed pinstripes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadowing from removed pinstripes

How do you get these out/blend in? Can you wet sand w/ 1000 grit or higher? Or?

Re: Shadowing from removed pinstripes

I've had good success with cleaner wax.

Comment

What has most likely happend, assuming you removed all residue, is that your surrounding paint has faded, and the paint under the stripe is closest to the original paint color.

Your solution will be to detail the entire car, so that all the paint is restored as best as possible to original condition.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Im glad i got the pin stripe taken off of my car at the dealer when i got it! my friend also had this problem when he took his off. I told him to take it to a detailer but he says it doesnt bug him

Comment

Originally posted by rmb63 View Post

Hi and welcome to MOL!

I moved your thread out of the Introduce Yourself forum to the Detailing101 section. The Introduce Yourself part of our forum is for just that, introducing yourself.

Chances are if your not sure where to ask a question, the Detailing101 part of MOL is the place to go as it is a catch all for questions just like yours.

Andy M.
          MOL Moderator
          Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
          Andy M. Moderator

Comment

I also have had good success doing a complete detail. The cleaner wax helped tremendously.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Since this is your first post to our forum, welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Originally posted by rmb63 View Post
              The shadow effect is either topical and you can fix it or the color coat under the clear has faded around where the pinstripe was and you can't fix it, (because it's under the clear layer).

If the shadow effect is topical, that is if it's on the surface then rubbing the paint with a paint cleaner like ScratchX or Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner or a quality cleaner/wax, that is anything that can remove small particles of paint, should fix the problem or at least improve it to the point where you can live with it.

Try using a hand-applied paint cleaner before you dig out the sandpaper and start sanding off precious clear paint. Also, sanding paint is easy, removing your sanding marks can be tricky and difficult if you don't have experience with this procedure.

Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I suggest doing a full detail and use a paint cleaner such as (DC1). And then follow up with ColorX and NXT 2.0 Wax.

Don't sand though
                Matt

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');