• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polish for soft Honda paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polish for soft Honda paint?

Need to get rid of swirl marks and very fine scratches on my 99 Accord. Will 83/80 combo work? If not what do you recommend?

Re: Polish for soft Honda paint?

yeah should be fine, start with the least agressive say #80 and finishing pad then polishing pad. Then try the same with #83 in areas that need more agreessive product. and finish of with #80 as this will give a great shine after using #83.

Honda paint is generally soft, you will have to see how your go on. soft paints tend to marr easy. but my car has soft paint and #80 tackles the most of the worst.

Comment

Sounds good thank you

Comment

What will you be using DA, Rotary? Either way that combo should do just fine. If the paint is real soft i will go over with #82 and a finishing pad after the #83 or #80 with a polishing pad depending on the condition of the paint
        ""Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing - the result." - Vince Lombardi
        Jon's Premium Auto Detailing
        210-281-8151

Comment

Using a PC 7424

Comment

I have a black s2000 and I just used the #80 and it came out great. I would start with that and see how it looks before going to the #83.

mlc

Comment

I found that with my wife's dark green 2000 Civic, all I needed was #80 and it did a great job of removing imperfections, I did not even need to use my #83. I used a polishing pad with my UDM's speed set to 5 (out of 6)

I then followed up #80 with #9, then finished up with #21.
              2018 Torch Red Corvette

Comment

Pretty much everyone hit it on the head. Start with the least aggressive then work your way up if need be.
                If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');