• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie with new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie with new car

New guy on the board with a new Honda Civic and want to take care of the paint to keep it looking better than new.

What products do you recommend? I have some liquid gold wax, quick interior detailer, etc.

I have to say the car is parked outside 24/7 so I need to protect it as much as possible.

Thanks for the help.

Re: Newbie with new car

to Meguiar's Online!

Here are some links that should help you.

Suggested products for taking care of a new car!

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle
    Scott

Comment

Hondablue
      SYDSTER

Comment

yes read those links provided for you. a ton of information there.

once you got that down, give it a try and see what you like.

i mean you said you have liquid gold wax, but i perfer NXT. so its perference.

but your car is parked outisde, so you might just wanna keep any eye on it in the morning for any bird dropping when you leave for work etc...

warm water and clean Microfibre. and other droppings as well.

your paint will probably get dirtier faster and you might notice that when you're clay barring the car prior to your wax job.

for my MINI i do the following.

wash
        clay
        NXT x 2

depending if there are swirls or how bad they are i use 83. most though, 80 is good enough.

i've only did the # 6 method once. I just usualy go to NXT. works beauty with me.

i do wanna try adding M21 to the end.

the people around here are very helpful. so ask any question you may have.

Comment

Thank for the links, I have another question.

Do I have to use some sort of cleaner everytime I wax?

With new paint, should I use the clay bar or a liquid cleaner?

Comment

With the car being parked outside, and esp if it is a daily driver, it would probably be best to use a cleaner before waxing. Esp if you are going to go 3 or 4 weeks or more between waxing.

As far as cleaning and clay, they do two different steps. Clay removes bonded on, above surface contaminants, while cleaning removes dirt from the surface/pores, and depending on the products, can remove swirls.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
              With the car being parked outside, and esp if it is a daily driver, it would probably be best to use a cleaner before waxing. Esp if you are going to go 3 or 4 weeks or more between waxing.
              The only problem that I can see using a cleaner before waxing is that is will remove the existing wax (protection) in the process. My daily ride is a TR VW GTI which I hose off twice a week, washed once a week, clayed every 2-3 months followed by a new layer of NXT, and cleaned once a year. Presently I have 4 coats of NXT on my car.

My ride is outside 7/24/365, which I am addressing, but the results that I am getting you can see for yourself. Your car is different, your environment is different, and so should be what you do to keep your ride looking it's best.

Here is my ride

---
              Ignorance can be overcome but stupid lasts forever !

Comment

Thanks guys,

Might be a stupid questions, but can I use a cleaner wax first the put on a coat of Liquid gold or NXT?

Comment

Using the process:

1. Wash
                  2. Clay as needed
                  3. ColorX
                  4. Nxt, #21, etc

is one of my favorite processes by hand for daily drivers like mine. Quick and easy, great results, so you'll feel like doing it more often.
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');