• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Consumer vs. Pro line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consumer vs. Pro line

I purchased the PC 7424 along with some Propel pads. I realize that the cleaner and polish I purchased is the consumer brand and not the pro line. I have the Step 1 Paint Cleaner and Step 2 Polish.

I am attempting to remove oxidation from the hood and light scratches and swirls from the 1/4 panels. Will the consumer line work or should I return these products and go for the #83 and #80?

Thanks,
    T

Re: Consumer vs. Pro line

It is not a bad idea to have hand-applied products around for use on areas the PC cant reach, esp some ScratchX as well.

But you will definately want to work with #80 on most of your vehicle.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Welcome to MOL!

Well the Deep Crystal Product are good product but they are very gentle and from the sound of it you may be better off with another product.

But first...

What kind of vehicle are you working on and color? Do you have any photos of the finish as it stands now?

Here is some good reading on #80/#83: How to use the G-100 to remove swirls
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

It is a black Ford Ranger. I don't have pics yet but will post before and after pics when get to detailing.

I'll be sure to pick up some of that #80.

Thanks,
        T

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
          Welcome to MOL!

Well the Deep Crystal Product are good product but they are very gentle and from the sound of it you may be better off with another product.

But first...

What kind of vehicle are you working on and color? Do you have any photos of the finish as it stands now?

Here is some good reading on #80/#83: How to use the G-100 to remove swirls

GB387 Sweet ride.

What do you use to clean and dress the tonneau cover?

T

Comment

Originally posted by nyc_sud View Post
            GB387 Sweet ride.

What do you use to clean and dress the tonneau cover?

T
            For cleaning I just use Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner and Hyper-Dressing is my main dressing.
            Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
            Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I'm thinking on trying some of the pro line. I have a pewter colored chevy silverado. What is the best to use on that color? I will be applying and removing by hand. Will I still be able to use the pro line products?

Comment

Originally posted by gridiron View Post
                I'm thinking on trying some of the pro line. I have a pewter colored chevy silverado. What is the best to use on that color? I will be applying and removing by hand. Will I still be able to use the pro line products?
                If working by hand, it is best to stick with the consumer line because it is specifically made to work well by hand. You might want to try ColorX and top with NXT Paste.
                Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');