• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foam vs Microfiber application pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foam vs Microfiber application pads

I have a question about the application pads. The Hi-Tech pads (yellow foam) and the Micro fiber ones. Which one do you find to be better? And also, since I'm asking about these anyway, how do you wash and reuse them?

Re: Foam vs Microfiber application pads

I like the hi-tech applicator for application of just about every wax, pure polish, and sometimes a cleaner polish. I use it with PlastX, for ex., when I need very light polishing action.

As far as microfiber applicators, the only one I can think of is the Even-coat applicator. I love these for dressings, like ASD, because it gives you such an easy, even application. It's also great for liquid waxes, pure polishes, and spray waxes.

It really just depends on what you need them for.

You can put either one in the wash, but it just depends on how dirty they are (FWIW, my even-coat applicator is dedicated for ASD, so I never wash it.)

Comment

thats sweet that you can wash them in a wahing machine. i was always under the impression that they were not machine washable.

Comment

I've used both, and I prefer the yellow (foam) applicator pads. They're just easier for me to hold and use for some reason.

I prewash everything in the sink, using dish soap on items that I used to put on/remove wax, rinse extremely well, then air dry.......then I turn around and machine wash them with detergent (NO BLEACH or fabric softener!!). Then I rinse them at the sink again to make sure all traces of soap are out, and then air dry them again.

I machine wash them in the same load with my MF towels, but those go in the dryer for a half hour or so.

Comment

I just put mine in the washer. Why do you say not to use bleach?
          Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
          Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

Because every thread similar to this one mentions not to use bleach whenever you wash these kinds of products. Bleach is strong stuff......maybe it would eat up the pads?? I don't know as I've never tried it. My laundry soap contains "bleach alternative" and I've never had a problem with that though.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');