• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clayed and Nxt'd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clayed and Nxt'd

Just clayed and Nxt'd my GTi today... just 1 coat of Nxt.

I'm very happy with the results. I did the wifemobile a few days ago with AIO and 3x SG and I'd say the NXT is alot easier. It seems Nxt is shinier. Mine you the wifemobile is 3yrs old.

I used the PC with the Sonus Grey pad and it seems to soak up quite a bit of Nxt. Should I something else to machine apply Nxt?

here are some pix;

I think I'll do my other car with the same process. Then additional coats Nxt afterwards.

Thanks Meguiars
    Last edited by yogibear458; Apr 5, 2005, 03:38 PM.

hey looks good ..the finish has a very wet look

Comment

Looks great!

I use meguiars finishing pad on my PC and it take a little product to get the pad "primed".
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I always prime my pad with a little bit of #34 before I start. This step really helps keep the product from absorbing into the pad.

Comment

ahh... priming the pad. I didn't know that. This is my 2nd project using the PC so I'm still pretty newbie at this but enjoying it.

I wish there's a Meguiars garage here with good people like Mike to do product demos and "group wax and shine".

Comment

ok I've done my other car.... it came back from the bodyshop today...some idiot rear-ended it... luckily only the lower rear bumper needed to be sanded and painted.

The bodyshop washed it down real good... they probably used high pressure jet to wash off everything... so I thought what better time to put on a coat of Nxt.

Just 1 coat using PC with the grey buffing pad.

another look of the GTi inside the garage..

(sorry for the 'vignetting' the lens hood wasn't put on correctly)

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');