• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to buy a pc, for uk buyers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to buy a pc, for uk buyers

hi,some people on here were interested in the pc polisher i use, im posting this guide to help those people buy them, for those who dont know, the pc is a random orbit car polisher, it is used on your cars paint, windows, headlights, it gives amazing results safely, in fact they say the only way you will damage you car is by throwing it at you car.

FIRSTLY do you want your car to look like this below, i know its hard to believe but you can see which part of the car has been polished with the pc and which part hasnt (pic provided by wd pro, link below)

all underlined writing contains clickable links

please read this link, it shows what a pc machine can do, this work was done by wd pro.

(Edit - Link removed because it breaks forum rules. Please read the rules before posting links to outside vendors as a courtesy to the owner of the discussion forum enablingn you to post, thank you. -Mike)

Right go here to buy

(Edit - Link removed because it breaks forum rules. Please read the rules before posting links to outside vendors as a courtesy to the owner of the discussion forum enablingn you to post, thank you. -Mike)

the shipping will be aprox $60, but that will be very quickly delivered to you (in aprox 3 days), ask them help you with import duties you should not pay import duties if they mark the parcel correctly, also whilst your at it you can use your special discount code CLIOSPORT which will give you a 10% discount

then sit back an wait for you pc to come.

whils waiting for your pc you will need a 110v transformer, extension, and plug, this can be bought from screwfix (clickable links )

transformer £34.99

extension £9.99

plug £1.20

plus you get free shipping

when your pc comes you will need to cut of the usa 2 pin plug, you then need to put on the new plug (as above), american black is live, and white is neutral, there is no earth as the cable is double insulated, this is a very easy 2 minute job,so dont worry if you are at all woried about wiring please leave it to an expert

then you will need to buy yourself some polish/swirl remover, i personally chose meguiars #80 for general swirl removing (known as speed glaze), and #83 (known as dual action polish "DACP") for problem areas (be cautious with this as it has a strong cutting action), you can buy this from

serious performance

then you will need to do a bit of research on forums like

Meguiars

you also should view this site clicky for a full write up on the pc and its use.

here is a link clicky of a uk detailer also a member on here, WD PRO )who has used a pc on a car in the uk, he used megs #80 and #83, i think you will be amazed by his results, it gives you a good idea of whats possible with a pc

pics of the machine and pads

i hope this helps, please do a bit of research on the links, if you have any questions please feel free to pm me

very interesting read there mate!!

Im in two minds whether to just put in the extra effort and do it all by hand or opt for one of these polishers....

Its easy to see the benefits if used properly thats for sure.

How much did it come to in total for all your kit(if you dont mind me asking :p)

Do you know if you can make any shipping savings by ordering more than one at a time?

Cheers, Neil

Comment

GO BUY YOUR OWN WEB SPACE!

Just in case you didn't notice, this is Meguiar's site, not your personal free advertising medium.

Comment

PLEASE READ THE ONLINE RULES

9. No commercial messages will be allowed. This includes web site links, phone numbers and email addresses.

Comment

Originally posted by Atterspug106gti
          very interesting read there mate!!

Im in two minds whether to just put in the extra effort and do it all by hand or opt for one of these polishers....

Its easy to see the benefits if used properly thats for sure.

How much did it come to in total for all your kit(if you dont mind me asking :p)

Do you know if you can make any shipping savings by ordering more than one at a time?

Cheers, Neil
          it came to about £200 all in, if you pm me i got a discount code

Comment

Re: GO BUY YOUR OWN WEB SPACE!

Originally posted by STG
            Just in case you didn't notice, this is Meguiar's site, not your personal free advertising medium.
            im trying to help people here, non of these companies are mine, there just links to were and what to buy !!ffs whats up with some people
            i even recomend megs #80 and #83, i suppose i own meguiars too do i ??

Comment

Originally posted by STG
              PLEASE READ THE ONLINE RULES

9. No commercial messages will be allowed. This includes web site links, phone numbers and email addresses.
              ok i just looked at ten other posts and eight had links to other sites ??? eg (3rd podt down)

General Auto Detailing Discussion. Participate in existing discussion or start a new thread with your question.

Comment

you have pm clio182

Comment

you got pm too

Comment

bumpo

Comment

auto detailing supplies seem to have a good deal on atm with the G100 and various extras!!

Comment

Originally posted by 182_blue
                        ok i just looked at ten other posts and eight had links to other sites ??? eg (3rd podt down)

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...&threadid=5435
                        We try to be as lenient as we can be, but that doesn't mean it's okay to break forum rules. Sometimes when it happens it doesn't get caught, but even Autopia and DetailCity don'e allow commercial posts.
                        Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

you missed some links on my thread, lol, anyone interested pm me

Comment

Originally posted by 182_blue
                            you missed some links on my thread, lol, anyone interested pm me
                            Actually, I didn't.

Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                              Actually, I didn't.

sorry mate, i really should read the rules before posting

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');