• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr Frankienstien I presume?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr Frankienstien I presume?

I had an idea for an experiment....Load up the car with layers of products and see how long it could hold on. I didn't wash for three months to see how good some of these alleged products would work. This occurred before I was as "In Tuned" to Meguiar's products as I am today. THis is the result of Three months of "controlled neglect" - as defined as taking care of any sap or bird droppings. The car endured lots of wood chips flying around, contruction, more leaf blowers churning up some serious dust,than I care to remember. Here was the day of my cars Bath, the night before the Detailing Day for forum members.

I had experienced some sprinklers for about two weeks, as I was away, and uncovered these horrible marks once washed.

I was one of the last cars to pull into the Meguiar's bay and Both Brian (SqkyKln) and Joe (Superior Shine) went to town on my hood with the PC (W-8006) polishing pad and #83 DACP. I took over another PC and with the same pad and product combo I worked the rest of the car. As I remember the hood was then treated to #80 with a W-8006 pad , I then finished the car with an application of NXT Tech Wax (PC with the W-9006) Finishing Pad.

I pulled out of the bay and found the one tree around that made for a nice reflection shot.....

Pictures speak louder than words.
    Last edited by crobarcars.1; May 6, 2004, 03:40 PM.
    "Detailing with a Passion!"

Holy ****

All hail the power of the PC and some knowledgeable minds

Beautiful job.

Comment

Wow! You went to a Meguiar's Detailing Day and won a new car? Lucky dawg.

Sunny
      Detailing is like playing music.. the more you practice, the better you become at it.

Comment

Come On.....

You could have done better than that.....lol

Just Kidding Crobar....Your car looks incredible!

Just as I have always remembered it!

I'm glad that you never shared those before photo's with me prior to your detail day at Meguiars!!

I think I would have been on the next plane from Toronto to give your head a shake and your butt a kicken....lol

I suppose it was all very much worth the wait!

Super Shine!
        My Dad said once..."Son...you can never do enough for a good customer!" I Said "Don't worry Dad...I won't"!

Hehehehe

Comment

Hi crobarcars.1,

All I can say is WoW!

I remember it looking good after the detail day was over, but the before pictures really add perspective!

Now... you have to maintain all Joe's and Brian's hard work!

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike - I do not want you to get the wrong idea. F1 can attest, after one year of owning this car, it gets washed once a week min. and quick detailed every other day. She is always in pristine condition. However, since it is a daily driver, I wanted to give it the ultimate test. What I proved was with world class products you can protect your car and rejuvinate it as well. If there were not layers and layers of protection underneath, it would not have sustained itself. No doubt I needed the experts' help.... a lot of luck and a hairbrained idea to make this a truely Xtreme Makeover I think in the future, I will call on the local salvage yard to conduct any more experiments....I like to "TEST" the products and their "Limits"....

I think I will have more fun now that my PC is "in da' houze!" ...along with my #83, #82, #9, NTX Tech wax, Color X, ScratchX, and a whole bunch more.....
            Last edited by crobarcars.1; May 5, 2004, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Just as I have always remembered it!
              Hi Mike,

Sorry if I set the wrong impression about Crobar not keeping a clean car!

Crobar lives and breathes for a clean car!

I was so shocked that my mentor could stand to let his car get so dirty in the name of "experimentation"!

Not something that I could do....
              My Dad said once..."Son...you can never do enough for a good customer!" I Said "Don't worry Dad...I won't"!

Hehehehe

Comment

Very Nice Crobar!

........But you are double parked!
                r. b.

Comment

What can I tell... Nice Job U did there!

Comment

Thank you everyone for the kind words & supportive comments. It truely was a crazy idea but it worked out in the end. Now that my PC is here I can have more fun!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');