• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultralux suede seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultralux suede seats

My new car has leather seats with "Ultralux" suede inserts. I used the interior detailer on pretty much everything inside my car previously, but was wondering what to use on the inserts. Is the interior detailer o.k., or should I use something else? Thanks.

Re: Ultralux suede seats

Originally posted by Ace22
    My new car has leather seats with "Ultralux" suede inserts. I used the interior detailer on pretty much everything inside my car previously, but was wondering what to use on the inserts. Is the interior detailer o.k., or should I use something else? Thanks.
    Hi Ace

well if in doubt i would first call customer service and see what they suggest or offer to clean it before trying anything...

next if you do try something always do an area hidden(inconspicuous area) and apply the product to the towel or what ever you use dont spray direct until you see if it affected the area...

another option is take it to a interior shop were all they do is install new interior and see if they can suggest something...

or you can always take it back to your dealer and ask them and if anything they suggest and something happens blame them....

this might help too...
    cleaning

hopefully some of Mol members will put there .02 cents in..

good luck
    Miguel

"What you become directly influences what you get"

Comment

Actually, I don't think there is a product on the market for this type of material... maybe somebody else knows?

This type of material just doesn't lend itself well to cleaning chemicals, you might just want to stick with a lint brush?
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

What is Ultralux Suede?
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

"Ultralux" is probably just a name. The seats are lined on the outer edged with leather and the center "appointed" areas where you sit and the back are suede. Mine is black on black just like the picture below. I had it treated at the dealer with scotchguard. I have heard though that even the untreated suede is very good at resisting stains. Do you think that using the quick interior detailer to keep this clean would work? Again, any help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Everything I heard in the past was to use nothing other than a lint brush or a moist towel to clean them. This is the opinion I stick with.
            On auction cars, I did experiment with various other methods of cleaning. Nothing looked much cleaner when I was done. Sometimes things would flake, bleed color, or get crispy when dry. Would love to know of a solution.
            See the big picture, enjoy the details

Comment

would it be safe to use apc 10:1??
              Patrick Yu
              2003 Honda Accord
              2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

You usually only want to use a stiff brush or an eraser on suede surfaces. IF you saturate the surface you can get stains that you'll never be able to get rid of.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');