• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with some leather questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with some leather questions

Hi,
    I've been using the Meguiar's Gold Class Leather Cleaner and Conditioner on my leather seats on my 2008 Volvo C30 R-Design every month or so, but I still see dye transfer from my clothing on the seats now. I almost had a heart attack! The leather is pretty soft and cream colored and the stains are mostly bluish. What is the best way of getting this stuff off my seats?

I've search and from what I've gathered the Detailer line APC diluded 4:1 with water should get the stains out without damaging the finish? The hit it with some protectant?

Is the Gold Class Leather Cleaner and Conditioner a protectant or should I buy a separate protectant? If so which is the best?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Help with some leather questions

To get rid of that blueish dye i would use APC at 4:1 with a microfiber and a little bit of passion, you could also pickup Meguiars 2 step Leather Cleaner and Conditioner.

The product you have right now is a cleaner and a conditioner all in one bottle. So you could use a seperate cleaner and a seperate Conditioner.

Heres the 2 step system:

You could also maintain your leather with:

Nick
    Tucker's Detailing Services
    815-954-0773
    2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

Hi DaSwede! I am on the C30World forum see on on there many times. Nice to see you on Meguiars.

Funny how how you mentioned your leather stain issue. I have the EXACT same issue on my C30. I took it to Meguiars garage a few weeks back and no solution was found.
      I have tried APC and leather cleaner and both failed. I have tried solvent based cleaner on a tiny test spot and it did not work (I would avoid it since it started to damage the leather).
      I did some research on leather stain and the type we have is not removable. It is stained deep into the leather. I was told the stain is most likely from your belt or clothing that is not color fastened.

It is nice to see you on the forum. I thought I was the lone C30.

Comment

Yeah, my dad has a stain on his Avalon from his belt. Nothing is budging it.

But still a good idea to use the conditioner.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Try out the APC and like carfire said use some passion when working it in as I find it works a little better. Just wipe up the APC afterwards and use the gold class leather cleaner you have or you can try the two step method or even go for the detailer line leather cleaner conditioner.

If it doesnt come up there may not be much you can do for it...another think to think of trying is use a mr clean magic eraser on it, if the APC doesnt do much then the eraser wont either but just another suggesstion

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');