• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G110 went bang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G110 went bang

Well this wasn't what i expected at all. I got my G110 during the summer as my first polisher and love it. I wasn't expecting to get the level of correction i did.

Anyways, during the summer i had the three screws counterweight assembly come lose, no issue just re tightened and went back to work no issues. Well after a couple months of sitting in my closet i pulled the G back out to prep my car for winter time. the car had been shipped cross country and was begging for some correction work. So while i was working on the trunk withe a 5.5 inch pad and just the weight of the machine I heard a bang, felt the machine dip towards my trunk, closed btw, and saw the pad and backing plate fly away. After averting leaving a hole in my trunk and gathering all the pieces this is what I was left with:

So I'm wondering if i can put it back together myself or if I need to call customer service.

Re: G110 went bang

Call customer care and they will take care of it.

Andy M.
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Thanks to Mike's notification Customer Care has already contacted Dark_Tempest and is working to have this resolved by the end of the day.
      Brian Hann
      Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
      Meguiar's Inc.
      Irvine, California
      bhann@meguiars.com
      (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Nice work Customer Service!

This is the same thing that happened to mine and it was handled promptly.
        www.clean4udetailing.com

Comment

Wow. But as usual Customer care takes care of it. Way to go guys.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');