• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hard water Spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard water Spots

I live in hawaii and there is a huge problem with hard water. I have tried the Mr Clean Autodry kit to filter the water but it does not seem to work. I own a Black 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse. There are a lot of water spots on the body that I cant seem to get rid of. Anyone have suggestions on how to get them out. I already own the Meguiars clay bar kit, and the 3 step system " Paint cleaner, Polisher, and wax" . I am using the purple car wash soap to clean it from meguiars as well. Someone please help... I know that baked on spots will mess up the paint.

Re: Hard water Spots

Since this is your first post,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

There are two types of water spots, Type I and Type II.

Type I can be removed by claying because the problem is topical, that is the spot is a substance sitting on top of the paint.

Type II must be removed by using an abrasive type product because the spot is actually an etching in the paint, thus you must remove the paint surrounding the etching until the surface is flat again.

Check out these two threads, one is from our Hot Topics forum the other is from our How To Articles forum

What it means to remove a scratch out of anything...

How To Remove Water Spots off Automotive Paints

At this time if they are in fact Type II then the fastest way to remove them by hand is with M105 Ultra Cut Compound.

M105 Ultra Cut Compound

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: Hard water Spots

We have some great new products coming out in 2009 that you could also use instead of M105 which is only available in a quart size bottle if you don't mind waiting until they're available.

Probably either ScratchX 2.0 or Ultimate Compound would remove the etchings. Click on the pictures to learn more about each product.

Swirl and Scratch Removers
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');