• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Results of the detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Results of the detail

Here is your before:

Here is your ofter cleaning and polishing, waxing:

Now some pics:

Re: Results of the detail

Awesome Job!

Can you tell us your process? Rotary or PC? Products used?

Thanks
    Andy
    101impala
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Very impressive job!
      Fantastic transformation

Like this picture
      Originally posted by napalm39 View Post

And please read this, maybe on your next thread you could upload the pictures to the Meguiar's server.
      Why PhotoBucket is a waste of time...

Comment

That is outstanding reflection. That really looks great. What was the process?
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

I got a PC 7424 for Xmas. I started with buffing pad and #83 but really no change. So I had to move to a cutting pad with the PC. This is not recommended by Meguiar's as it can scour the paint. Which it did for me. I then went back over the car with buffing pa and used 83 again, or 80. I did #80 at least once over the whole car. I then did 2 coats of Griott's Garage Best of Show wax that someone had given me as a gift. Used the PC and finishing pad to apply it.

I saw the thing on photobucket, but here is a slide show where you can see the whole process.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

and thanks for the compliments

Comment

Looks really great!
            SYDSTER

Comment

Wowzers! The before is terrible, but the end result, inspirationtal. Nicely done!

Comment

That's impressive in bringing back the gloss.
                Were #83 and #80 the only things used to remove the swirls?

Comment

Paint looks amazing. Big transformation. How long did it take you to polish out the car? By the way great background shots as well.
                  Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                  www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                  Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Nice job!

Is that Navy Blue metalic? Great color.
                    -Bob
                    NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Total time to clean polish and wax I figure was around 25 to 30 hours over 3 weekends. I was sick of it by the end.

Yes only 83 and 80 to remove swirls.

Yes Navy Blue Metalic.

I still can't get over how the coke sign reflects and distorts in the curved hood.

Comment

Wow, I can't believe you brought back that finish with just the PC. I've buffed out a Vette before and it was the hardest paint I've ever worked on. Nice job. The car looks phenomenal.
                        A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Total time to clean polish and wax I figure was around 25 to 30 hours over 3 weekends. I was sick of it by the end.

Yes only 83 and 80 to remove swirls.

Yes Navy Blue Metalic.

I still can't get over how the coke sign reflects and distorts in the curved hood.
                          Turned out very nice. I would have been surprised if you would have said 8 hours or something just with the PC. I to have worked on a vette and it definitely is not a soft paint. Great job! Now it's just a matter of maintaining it.
                          Originally posted by cnfowler View Post
                          Wow, I can't believe you brought back that finish with just the PC. I've buffed out a Vette before and it was the hardest paint I've ever worked on. Nice job. The car looks phenomenal.
                          I agree!
                          Jesse

2009-2014 Meguiar's/Car Crazy SEMA Team
                          www.ShineTechAutoDetail.com
                          Facebook www.detailing.com

Comment

Nice work, nice results... experience has shown that the factory clear on newer Corvettes is very hard and this makes removing swirls and scratches difficult using a dual action polisher, it's definitely a test of your skills and abilities.

I got a PC 7424 for Xmas. I started with buffing pad and #83 but really no change.

So I had to move to a cutting pad with the PC.

This is not recommended by Meguiar's as it can scour the paint.

Which it did for me.

I then went back over the car with buffing pa and used 83 again, or 80. I did #80 at least once over the whole car.
                            Thank you for including the two bolded sentences for everyone that reads this into the future so they know ahead of time what the risks are.

Mike Phillips
                            760-515-0444
                            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Was the cutting pad used to get all the swirls and scratches down to a uniform level that could be buffed out with a buffing pad and #83? Thats brave.
                              2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
                              2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');