• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use Rejex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use Rejex?

I did a search to get some opinions but the results weren't what I was looking for. Does anyone on here actually use Rejex as your "wax"? I know it is not a wax, but provides the same beading and protection characteristics and is supposed to add a supper slick surface coating. Was thinking about trying it but wanted opinions first.

Re: Anyone use Rejex?

I have never seen, heard of, or used the product....but from reading the description is sounds a lot like Ultimate Quick Detailer (with application variations). Not to pricey to give a try....but I think I'll be staying with UQD as it works pretty well for me.

Mort

Comment

Haven't used it.

Just a comment on the word wax...

Around here, wax can mean any product used to protect the finish. We know some people like to get all AR about the word wax when it's used to describe a product that protects the paint but doesn't in fact contain any waxy substance, but regardless of what's in the bottle or can, if the intended use of the product is to protect the paint by leaving itself behind as a layer on the surface then it falls into Step 4 of Meguair's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle, the Protecting Step.

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle
      (Posted in the The Information Station)

Step-4 Protecting

Paint protection products (waxes by any other name), whether they are based on natural ingredients or synthetic ingredients (or a blend of both) provide a protective film, or Sacrificial Barrier (as mentioned above) against Mother Nature and other detrimental or corrosive substances. Without this sacrificial barrier, your finish is susceptible to attack at any time, as harmful or corrosive substances come into direct contact with the surface.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

From their website, sounds like a nice product:
        If a RejeX-treated surface needs repainting, normal paint preparation is all that’s required. Abrasive cleaners, polishes, rubbing compounds or chemical paint strippers will remove the RejeX film.

Comment

Thanks. Was just wondering. Read about it on a marine website and then ventured to theirs to read some more. Sounds like a good product and I too thought it sounded alot like UQD. Just alot longer lasting according to them.

Comment

Sometimes the best thing to do would be to order some and then do a controlled test on the hood of a black car for all the benefits and features you're looking for in a protection product.

Apply your test products to ONLY two small sections side by side but with a gap between the products for separation.

Make sure the rest of the panel is stripped or bare of any products before applying your test products.

Then let us know what you find out.

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I agree with Mike only your opinion of it is important but if you want some opinions from those who use it go to Corvette Forum and ask.
              Their are several on their that use it.
              You can not drive your car for 12 hours after applying
              Personally I have not used it but have read a lot about it.
              I don't think you will see much difference in appearance from any other product but it is a very durable product.
              Black Bart

Comment

I have been using it on my clear bra for about one year now. It seems to work well for that. I plan to continue using Meguiar's on the rest of my car.

Comment

Originally posted by bradipock View Post
                  Does anyone on here actually use Rejex
                  I have never referred to my employees in this manner ...
                  Never heard of it, why use that when you have Meguiar's...?
                  Joe's detailing (Since 2002)
                  ''We begin where the car wash Ends.''
                  (269)650-2242

Comment

Friend of mine gave me a bottle, haven't used it on my car yet. My neighbor used it on his snowmobile, made a comment the snow / sludge just slid off.

Few other people I know who use it have commented how clean it keeps the car (especially keeping brake dust off the wheels).

I've been wondering if you should use Rejex instead of wax, before the wax step, after....?

Comment

Originally posted by hacker-pschorr View Post

I've been wondering if you should use Rejex instead of wax, before the wax step, after....?
                      Wax is a paint protectant, Rejex is a paint protectant, regardless of the name on the bottle or can, you can place a product into one of the 5-Steps by what the product does. If the product protects then it goes in the Step 4 category.
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');