• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi Tech Body Sponge vs. Clay Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Tech Body Sponge vs. Clay Bar

ADS sells a Hi Tech Body Sponge under their Meguiar's products. I don't see it on the Meguiar's site, but a search here came up with 2 references to it, but no real info on it.

Anyone have any experience with the body sponge? How does it compare to the clay in its ability to pick up contaminants?

Re: Hi Tech Body Sponge vs. Clay Bar

Originally posted by Phostenix View Post
    ADS sells a Hi Tech Body Sponge under their Meguiar's products. I don't see it on the Meguiar's site, but a search here came up with 2 references to it, but no real info on it.

Anyone have any experience with the body sponge? How does it compare to the clay in its ability to pick up contaminants?
    Think of it as a VERY aggressive clay. You have to use a super slick lubricant otherwise it will mar the surface and scratch it up, so think of something like a car wash soap with a tad high concentration of soap, that or undiluted Last Touch. I am very impressed with its ability to remove stuff VERY quickly and with the right lubricant, not really harm the surface. My word of advice though is that to only use it when you plan to polish the paint afterwards, otherwise you are just better off using a good, old fashion clay. My personal favorite right now is Meguiar's Professional Mild blue clay.

Comment

There are some reviews on the old board I think. Click on the old CS Forum link near the top of the main page, and search there.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Hi-Tech Body Sponge is not a Meguiar's product nor does ADS list it under Meguiar's products.

Comment

Originally posted by ZoranC View Post
          Hi-Tech Body Sponge is not a Meguiar's product nor does ADS list it under Meguiar's products.
          On ADS, if you click on "Clay Bars" under "Meguiar's Main Categories" in the left comumn, you get this page:

It doesn't say that it's a Meguiar's product, but it lists it there with the Megs products.

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
            There are some reviews on the old board I think. Click on the old CS Forum link near the top of the main page, and search there.

Thanks! I found the info I was looking for there.

I'll add a link here in case someone is looking here:

Comment

I just ordered one from ADS.

My dads car has loads of rail dust, and its white...then my moms car is white too.
              AeroCleanse, LLC
              Wisconsin's Elite Detailing Service
              www.aerocleanse.com

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');