• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternative to the PC and G100, The simoniz sander-polisher 7" ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative to the PC and G100, The simoniz sander-polisher 7" ???

today i went to my local canadian tires and i found the Simoniz Sander/polisher 7" for $99.99cad. It look very similar to the PC and G100.

I was wondering if anyone here bought one and is it similar to the PC and G100. I'm from canada so it is very hard to get these two above.

It has 6 speed and the spec is similar. Maybe it is the same company that makes them??

here are some pictures that i took with my cellphone

what do you think?

Re: Alternative to the PC and G100, The simoniz sander-polisher 7" ???

That is a rotary buffer.... they are a very different machine over the PC/G100. A rotary takes more experience to use and can do some serious damage to paint if not used properly and may require a 'test panel' or 'test vehicle' to really get then hang of it. A PC on the other hand is a very safe machine that anyone can use right out of the box.

Here is a good post that explains the difference: Rotary vs PC vs Regular Orbital Buffer
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
      That is a rotary buffer.... they are a very different machine over the PC/G100. A rotary takes more experience to use and can do some serious damage to paint if not used properly and may require a 'test panel' or 'test vehicle' to really get then hang of it. A PC on the other hand is a very safe machine that anyone can use right out of the box.

Here is a good post that explains the difference: Rotary vs PC vs Regular Orbital Buffer
      ohh i thought that was not a rotary.

my bad then.

Comment

Originally posted by BobyYoo View Post
        ohh i thought that was not a rotary.

my bad then.
        Unfortunately it is, one way to tell, its rated in 600-3000 rpm(revolutions per min) a PC is rated in opm (oscillations per min), according to Porter Cable the pc/G100 is rated at 2,500-6,000 OPM

Hope that helps!

Sounds like its time for a trip to the US! There are lots of others on MOL from Canada maybe they can provide suggestions for you.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

ahh Canadian Tire.

It's a 39-9013...it is basically a re-branded WEN model CT used to carry a while back. You can get the PC from Canadian Tire, but I can tell you it won't be cheap. The cheapest place in Canada to get the PC 7424 is eshine.ca.

On a side note, it goes on sale from time to time so if you really wanted it you could get it for a much better price.

how do I know? I used to work at CT parts. BTW the PC also weights much less!
          Patrick Yu
          2003 Honda Accord
          2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Originally posted by sneek View Post
            ahh Canadian Tire.

It's a 39-9013...it is basically a re-branded WEN model CT used to carry a while back. You can get the PC from Canadian Tire, but I can tell you it won't be cheap. The cheapest place in Canada to get the PC 7424 is eshine.ca.

On a side note, it goes on sale from time to time so if you really wanted it you could get it for a much better price.

how do I know? I used to work at CT parts. BTW the PC also weights much less!
            thanks guys,

well eshine is out of stock

i will probably get the g100 from auto detailing site and have it ship to a forwarder that is near the border and i will go pickup.

i wonder how much taxes and duty i have to pay. Probably just the 15% taxes.

Comment

thanks guys,

well eshine is out of stock

i will probably get the g100 from auto detailing site and have it ship to a forwarder that is near the border and i will go pickup.

i wonder how much taxes and duty i have to pay. Probably just the 15% taxes.
              Try Tools-plus.com they ship quickly and i believe to canada

Comment

Originally posted by Radman View Post
                Try Tools-plus.com they ship quickly and i believe to canada
                yeah, i found another canadian site selling the pc
                carcaresmart dot com

but now i'm hesitating between the pc and the g100
                If i get the pc, i still need the backing plate.

Comment

yeah, i found another canadian site selling the pc
                  carcaresmart dot com

but now i'm hesitating between the pc and the g100
                  If i get the pc, i still need the backing plate.
                  I got mine from tools plus and everything else from Rick at ADS
                  came out cheaper

Comment

Patrick Yu
                    2003 Honda Accord
                    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');