• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little swirl intervention...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little swirl intervention...

I've been looking forward to firing up the new G-100 and de-swirling my Civic. Luckily, I had a few extra vacation days and had the opportunity to give it a try this week. With about a day and a half of intermittent work, I think it turned out pretty good. My process was:

Wash (DC Car Wash)
    Clay
    ScratchX (just for the door handle cups)
    PlastX (I didn't think the headlights really needed it, but it made a huge difference)
    M80 via PC
    NXT X2

A few before shots ():

Yikes again...

Ditto:

And the afters:

By the time I got done tonite it was already dark. Hopefully it will be sunny tomorrw so I can get a better look at my work and snap a few more shots to post here.

-Tony
    "No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master." --Hunter S. Thompson

Re: A little swirl intervention...

So, I did a lot of this yesterday...

And had this to show for it...

MOL was behind me the whole time....literally...

Thanks for your help, guys. I couldn't be more pleased with the results. Now on to the wife's car....
    "No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master." --Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Sweet!!! Looks very nice!

How many passes of 80 did you do?

I think you need a new laptop, your's has a funny bend in the keyboard.
      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
        Sweet!!! Looks very nice!

How many passes of 80 did you do?

I think you need a new laptop, your's has a funny bend in the keyboard.
        About three passes on the hood and bumper (actually experimented with 83 on the bumper) and one pass for the rest of the car. I did have one scratch I couldn't get out, though.....

I let my wife take it out of town a few weekends ago and she took out a mailbox before she even got off of our street! Boy, my insurance guy is going to see me coming....

Comment

Originally posted by cornflake_81 View Post
          I let my wife take it out of town a few weekends ago and she took out a mailbox before she even got off of our street!
          My fiance took out a mailbox a couple months ago.... I dont get it.. it isnt like it jumped out in front of her

The best part is she talked to the homeowner, and they actualy have spare mailboxes in the garage because it happens so often

BTW, good work
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I had a scratch like that but shorter on the hood of my truck. My buddy touched it up with touch up paint and you can't notice it unless your really close. He used a super fine brush, looked like it was one piece of hair to me. Then he let it dry and went over it with a rotary. I've been meaning to touch up another one by myself and see what I can do with a G100. Just a thought!
            Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
              The best part is she talked to the homeowner, and they actualy have spare mailboxes in the garage because it happens so often

BTW, good work
              *Sigh* Yeah, I had to replace the mailbox and the lady was still hateful about it. She told me it was the seventh time it had happened. Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
                I had a scratch like that but shorter on the hood of my truck. My buddy touched it up with touch up paint and you can't notice it unless your really close. He used a super fine brush, looked like it was one piece of hair to me. Then he let it dry and went over it with a rotary. I've been meaning to touch up another one by myself and see what I can do with a G100. Just a thought!
                There's actually a shallow dent that follows the scratch all the way back so its gotta be dealt with professionally.

Comment

what a nice job you done what a divrince
                  alberto gorin
                  known as gorin002

Comment

Originally posted by cornflake_81 View Post
                    Now on to the wife's car....
                    Once you do the wifes car, she will NEVER be the same!!!!!!
                    Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Oh my .........gawd......!
                      your pictures leave me speechless.
                      excellente!

so how many hours did the whole process took cornflake_81?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbonezken View Post
                        Oh my .........gawd......!
                        your pictures leave me speechless.
                        excellente!

so how many hours did the whole process took cornflake_81?
                        Thanks for the kind words. I did it over two days, probably about 12 hours altogether (not including the interior, a few days before).

Comment

that civic looks GOOD!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');