• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shipped car troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipped car troubles

Could use some advice before I start. I have a car that was shipped via rail carrier after being purchased. The car paint was almost perfect before shipping, but after several weeks being shipped around the country, mostly railroad, it appears to have black specks in the paint. After closer inspection, I believe they are rust, detailing spray did nothing to remove them. Tried claying a small area, while removing most, but not all,,, even in this very small area, it is going to be very time consumming, wondered if this is the correct way to start. And if there may be a better way first, before claying, polishing and waxing. Dont want to do any further harm, or set me back any further than I am from enjoying the looks of this car again. Also the car is spay yellow that shows these tiny spots very bad.

Yeah, claying is the way to go. You could use a more agressive clay, but you would want to use something like the PC to follow up, as a more agressive clay can leave light marrring.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I recently detailed my trunk lid after a period of some negligence. There were these little black spots (like the size of a pin head) all over it. First I clayed the area and they did not come off, but a whole bunch of other stuff did. Surprisingly it was the dirtiest part of the entire car. After using the G-100 with #83 they were gone (as well as all the other tiny scratches that I was trying to remove). In my case they were just really, really bonded contaminants (maybe they were even in the upper layer of the clear coat?). You could always try something more gentle like #80 and see if that helps.

- Ben

Comment

Time to ABC!
        Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');