• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metabo PE12-175

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metabo PE12-175

Has anyone had any experience with the Metabo PE12-175 Polisher? Considering purchasing it and would like to hear any pros and cons.

TIA
    As you make a living, don't forget to live.

Anyone?

Comment

I have its predecessor, the PE-7175, similar, but there are improvements in the PE12-175.

PE-7175 and PE12-175 Pluses: really light and compact, highly maneuverable, easy to use for extended periods, well made, precise German construction.

PE12-175 improvements: forward grip, similar to G100. I really wish the PE-7175 had this feature. I often find myself holding it by the drive housing, the grip looks great. The PE12-175 has a more powerful motor than the PE-7175 and should be on par with the Makita, Hitachi, Dewalt, etc. (The PE-7175 is noticeably down on power compared to them.)

PE-7175 and PE12-175 minuses: Not cheap. Like the G100, the compact housing means your main grip is around the body of the motor. This can be less than ideal for people with small hands (not a problem for me). The biggest drawback is the lack of a trigger speed control. Most rotary users learn to feather the trigger for some buffing operations. The Metabo's speed dial and thumbswitch on/off controls don't allow for that.

PC.

Comment

I have it and I like it.
        The problem that I see es that sometimes engine generates a lot of heat and it enters in "security mode" and you have to wait.
        Another point is how to handle the machine. I put one hand on the top and the other in a medium point of the machine. I think the 2º hand will be better at the bottom, but the machine breathes exactly in this part and you musn't obstruct this "holes".
        Sorry about my english....
        Regards !!

Comment

Thanks for the info guys!

PC - Great point on the trigger & the details.... I guess a good question would be, if it broke today would you buy it again?

maesal - How long of a period do you use it before it goes into thermal protection?

I've been able to find it for about 235, so in that price range I felt it needed to be included in the decision process.

Comment

Originally posted by MB///HRV
            Thanks for the info guys!

PC - Great point on the trigger & the details.... I guess a good question would be, if it broke today would you buy it again?

maesal - How long of a period do you use it before it goes into thermal protection?

I've been able to find it for about 235, so in that price range I felt it needed to be included in the decision process.
            Sometimes, after 30 min. Other times, after 5 hours. Have you experienced this also?

Comment

Re: Metabo PE12-175

I bought one earlier this year. I have not experienced any problems with the machine at all. It also is not very loud, I probably have 40-60 hours on mine throughout the year and can hold a conversation around 1100 rpms while polishing. When I bought mine, Metabo was running some deal for a 3 year warranty as well, which they still may be doing. If you do a lot of rv's, trailers, or a lot of vertical panels, i would highly highly recommend this machine as it is 3 lbs lighter then most rotaries. My arms can't thank me enough after I do some defect removal on a ladder working with this tool.
              Superior Detailing - For All Your Auto Reconditioning Needs.
              Metro Detroit

Comment

Re: Metabo PE12-175

Last saturday I polished for 10 hours without problems. I think that the problem was I, maybe I pressed the PAD and this pressure was the cause.
                Regards.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');