• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Measure Car Wash to Water Ratio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Measure Car Wash to Water Ratio?

How To Measure Car Wash to Water Ratio?

Hi

I am new to Meguiar's products - and so far have been very impressed. I love the NXT car wash - produces a nice spot free finish but it seems to require an large amount of the product with each bucket full - especially compared to other brand products I have used before (eg 1 or 2 cap fulls).

In my 3 gallon (UK measurement) bucket it requires 11 or 12 cap fulls (if I have calculated correctly).

Is this correct?

NXT is a fairly high sudsing car wash mixed at the appropriate dilution levels which are once ounce per gallon, this is the dilution level for all Meguiar's car washes.

1 ounce is somewhere between 2-3 capfuls. It's hard to measure this way because of the thick viscosity of the product that some of the product clings to the inside of the cap so that when you go to add more to a cap if you're measuring by capfuls then you don't measure enough product.

What I do is measure how much water I'm going to use as a routine in my life, and then mark a Dixie cup to the appropriate level and fill the Dixie cup to this level.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Well, technicaly, you would need 3.6 US ounces, or 3.7 UK ounces, for a 3 UK gallon bucket.

So it would be about 11 capfulls.

I suppose you could get away with a little less, but the recomended dilution rate is designed to have enough suds and lubricity to protect your finish.

You could always experiemnt with Hyper Wash, wich has a 400:1 dilution rate instead of the 128:1 for everything else.

I just bought a little $2.00 measuring cup that measures from 1/2 to 5 ounces..
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I use a measuring shot glass I got at a kitchen supply store. It has various markings for ounces, milliliters, etc. I've also marked my bucket with hash marks at the 1, 2, and 3 gallon levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Toady
          I use a measuring shot glass I got at a kitchen supply store. It has various markings for ounces, milliliters, etc. I've also marked my bucket with hash marks at the 1, 2, and 3 gallon levels.
          Likewise - except I use a jigger for measuring. That way 1oz multiples are easy as well as 1.5oz multiples. I fill the bucket to 2 gallons, put in required soap and blast away for the last gallon. Most times suds are spilling out by the time I get there
          Black 2004 Ford F150 FX4

Comment

i use a laundry cup. first, i filled a measuring cup with five ounces of water and then poured it into the laundry cup to know exactly where five ounces is. now all i do is pour car soap in it, and it gives the perfect measurement, and it works great!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
              NXT is a fairly high sudsing car wash mixed at the appropriate dilution levels which are once ounce per gallon, this is the dilution level for all Meguiar's car washes.

1 ounce is somewhere between 2-3 capfuls. It's hard to measure this way because of the thick viscosity of the product that some of the product clings to the inside of the cap so that when you go to add more to a cap if you're measuring by capfuls then you don't measure enough product.

What I do is measure how much water I'm going to use as a routine in my life, and then mark a Dixie cup to the appropriate level and fill the Dixie cup to this level.

Mike, where can I pick up one of those bucket dollies ??...that's something I could really use....thanks
              Bill Poirier
              West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Originally posted by TKDDAD
                Mike, where can I pick up one of those bucket dollies ??...that's something I could really use....thanks
                I purchased mine from Doug Lamb over at Grit Guard.com I have both the single dolly set-up and the double dolly set-up.

I use the single dolly set-up most of the time but if I want to use the two-bucket method I use the dually.

The Grit Guard Bucket Dolly Car Wash System is probably without a doubt my favorite tool for taking car of my cars. I seriously don't like walking back and forth to my wash bucket and I also don't like lifting and carrying a full bucket of water around the car as I move around the car as I'm washing it.

With the Grit Guard Bucket Dolly I can simply roll the bucket, or buckets around the car as I move around the car.

How's the saying go?

"You'll have to pry my Grit Guard Dolly out of my cold dead hands"

I've never washed any of our cars without it since it got it.
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I use the single dolly set-up most of the time but if I want to use the two-bucket method I use the dually.

Does that mean you don't use the two-bucket method all the time???

Comment

I purchased mine from Doug Lamb over at Grit Guard.com I have both the single dolly set-up and the double dolly set-up.

The Grit Guard Bucket Dolly Car Wash System is probably without a doubt my favorite tool for taking car of my cars. I seriously don't like walking back and forth to my wash bucket and I also don't like lifting and carrying a full bucket of water around the car as I move around the car as I'm washing it.

With the Grit Guard Bucket Dolly I can simply roll the bucket, or buckets around the car as I move around the car.

How's the saying go?

"You'll have to pry my Grit Guard Dolly out of my cold dead hands"

I've never washed any of our cars without it since it got it.

I really like the idea seems VERY handy.... is your driveway on a incline? My driveway has a very small incline more than likely it won't roll down the driveway but is there a brake on one of the wheels just in case?
                    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
                      I really like the idea seems VERY handy.... is your driveway on a incline? My driveway has a very small incline more than likely it won't roll down the driveway but is there a brake on one of the wheels just in case?
                      Each dolly has 5 wheels and out of each of the 5 wheels, two of them have brakes.
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

didn't meguairs use to sell a bucket with wheels and a grit guard?
                        Patrick Yu
                        2003 Honda Accord
                        2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');