• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Meguiar's offer a Wash wax soap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Meguiar's offer a Wash wax soap

I was wondering if one was available.

TIA,
    John

Re: Does Meguiar's offer a Wash wax soap

They used to but they stopped making it.

Comment

Out of all the washes available I like 62 the best. But in terms of a wash and wax it looks like Nxt spray wax is the solution. And just the plane ease of putting a coat of any wax with a PC is just as good as well.

Comment

The problem is that my new Harley came with ZXILON applied to it. I called there customer service and what they tell me is to use a was and wax soap. There customer service is pretty poor and it seems like the girls there are just reading off cue cards.

I posted this elseware on this site about how to get the junk off and I was told to use Meguires Polish #2 I believe which I will probably will do in the close furture but for now I just want to wash the bike.

Or does anyone know what would happen to the Zxilon if I just use regular Meguries car was soap. I asked that question to them and all I got as a answer was to use was and wax soap.

The original owner of the bike said yes he had got talked into it by the dealer and regretted it as soon as he took possession of the bike.

Thanks,
        John

Originally posted by saturn2 View Post
        Out of all the washes available I like 62 the best. But in terms of a wash and wax it looks like Nxt spray wax is the solution. And just the plane ease of putting a coat of any wax with a PC is just as good as well.

Comment

ANY regular car wash soap will work on your bike. Xzillion is just a polymer that acts as a super wax/protectant. But since this is as Meguiars forum I would recommend Gold Class.

Comment

Thanks,
            Also i was told that i should only a carnuba wax. Can I use the NXT Wax? I have both the Red #3 wax and the NXT here.

JOhn

Originally posted by CWM3 View Post
            ANY regular car wash soap will work on your bike. Xzillion is just a polymer that acts as a super wax/protectant. But since this is as Meguiars forum I would recommend Gold Class.

Comment

I wouldnt worry about the Xzillion. Id go right over it with NXT or any of the Meg's products with no hesitation. But that is me..........
              If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Any wax will be fine for use. Whatever looks good to you, use it.

Comment

Thanks I do not know why they just dont tell you about it, as I mentioned when I called there tech or customer service it sounds like they read from a "Q" card.

Originally posted by CWM3 View Post
                  Any wax will be fine for use. Whatever looks good to you, use it.

Comment

I just want to clear the air a bit with Xzilon as our dealership sells the stuff so I have had a bit of experience with it and what it REALLY is. Xzilon a warranty, PERIOD. Basically, they try to sell the dealership with how great this product is, and the salesmen get sold on that the several hundred dollars is going towards the product, not the fact that it is actually just a warranty to cover damage. What Xzilon really is looking for when a claim is filed is if the car has been neglected or not. Trust me, even our own people at our dealer mocks the product itself. However on the flip side, if you look at it from a warranty perspective on that you have a lease car, and something happened (car was egged, spilled and stained the carpet, ect), you don't have to worry about the dealer knocking you for it since it is covered under Xzilon. Two sides to the same coin.

Yes, they put on this stuff on your paint which is a wipe on, wipe off product (hey Mike, I know you have your opinion on this). Overall, the stuff does bead for a bit, but honestly I have found from personally testing it that it protects NO better than even Meguiar's Cleaner Wax, and in fact, I find that it provides '0' protection; let me say that again, 'it provides virtually NO protection'.

Your best bet is to simply go by Meguiar's 5 step process on maintaining a car, and believe me, your car will look much better for much longer. Not only that, but because Meguiar's way of taking care of a car is PROVEN and will keep your car in the best possible condition, when you ever do need to make a claim, believe me, you will have the upper hand compared to someone who just used a wash/wax soap (or even some who were told to JUST use water and rinse it down).

Comment

Just wanted to add; the whole reason they apply the product to the car is that they want to make sure that the car has some form of protection before the customer picks it up under warranty.

Interesting note is that some dealerships who sell these warranties don't even use their products, rather just a regular old fashion wax.

Comment

Went ahead and washed the bike with MG Gold, gave it a blow dry w/my cheap sears leav blower and a coat of NXT. Also as usuall I use the NXt on all the chrome.

Results are excellent.

Thanks for all the answers.

John

Originally posted by Wolf-Strong View Post
                        Just wanted to add; the whole reason they apply the product to the car is that they want to make sure that the car has some form of protection before the customer picks it up under warranty.

Interesting note is that some dealerships who sell these warranties don't even use their products, rather just a regular old fashion wax.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');