• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Required ! Synthetic Sealant + Light Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Required ! Synthetic Sealant + Light Wax

2 Questions!

1st Question ) I,ll be applying Synthetic Sealant #21 on my white car tomorrow. Let me know the curing time for that. This would be the first time the car would be getting a layer of sealant. I have plans to Clay the car, then Ultimate Compound and then #21. So how long should I leave the #21 applied on the car before wiping the dried residue ? for best results.

2nd Question ) I,ve read on many forums that topping #21 with a wax adds to the gloss. I had ordered Megs Light wax for that purpose.
    Now the confusion is , as light wax is a cleaner wax so if I apply it over the sealant would it do any harm to the layer of the sealant ? or it would be perfectly alright to use is over the sealant just as any synthetic wax without cleaning properties ?

Plz Help.

Re: Help Required ! Synthetic Sealant + Light Wax

1. Shouldn't really time things as the amount of time need to haze will depend on the weather conditions. Do a swipe test. Lightly swipe with your finger. If it smears... it will need more time. If it wipes off clean, it is ready to be taken off.
    2. Do you mean white wax? If so, it is a AIO so if you put down a layer of white wax on top of #21, white wax will take off #21 so you do not want to do this. However, if you top, you do want to let #21 cure for 12hrs before topping it. But generally, 1 layer of #21 should suffice as long as you cover all areas.
    2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Comment

Thanks for the response.
      What is actually called the curing time ?
      The time till the dried haze is wiped off ? Or even after few hours when the dried haze is wiped off it cures for a short period of time
      as per ur suggestion if i want to top it with white wax, I should wipe off the dried haze after 12 hours of its application.
      Have i understood it correct ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ehsan4808 View Post
        2 Questions!

1st Question ) I,ll be applying Synthetic Sealant #21 on my white car tomorrow. Let me know the curing time for that. This would be the first time the car would be getting a layer of sealant. I have plans to Clay the car, then Ultimate Compound and then #21. So how long should I leave the #21 applied on the car before wiping the dried residue ? for best results.

2nd Question ) I,ve read on many forums that topping #21 with a wax adds to the gloss. I had ordered Megs Light wax for that purpose.
        Now the confusion is , as light wax is a cleaner wax so if I apply it over the sealant would it do any harm to the layer of the sealant ? or it would be perfectly alright to use is over the sealant just as any synthetic wax without cleaning properties ?

Plz Help.

The white wax will take off the sealant.

So it would ge better to use M21 on the car, wait 24 hours and put a 2nd coat of M21 on and you are done.

If you want to top it with a wax, wait 24 hours and then get M26, it's a pure wax.

Comment

Curing time is after the wax has been wiped off.
          My suggestion would be
          Wash
          Clay
          UC
          White Wax
          Wait 12hrs
          2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Comment

Originally posted by C8N View Post
            Curing time is after the wax has been wiped off.
            My suggestion would be
            Wash
            Clay
            UC
            White Wax
            Wait 12hrs
            Thanks Bro! I,ll follow ur instructions.
            Which means that the sealant would be properly bonded to the surface if I wait for 12+ hours after the application of white wax.. Right ?
            Thats the main reason why I joined MOL, to ask everything before I do it the wrong way. So dont mind me asking so many quuestions.

Comment

21 is a cross-linked polymer sealant that takes 24 to set up.
              When using it you just apply, let it haze and wipe off.
              I advise my customers to not touch their car for 24 hours. Is this necessary? not really but some people will drive there car after a detail, get it filthy and wash it. So it might interrupt the cross-linking processor, in theory. So better safe then sorry.

As for topping it? Waste of time and money. I never do this and never will.
              Out of the thousands of cars I've done if I multiplied that by 2 or even 3 times, that adds up to a lot of product and time wasted on a "slight" improvement that no one will notice.

The biggest thing in making paint shine is getting it flat. Put your time into polishing and not waxing.
              Waxes and sealant are only there for protection and to ad gloss.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Originally posted by Please Wash Me Detailing View Post
                21 is a cross-linked polymer sealant that takes 24 to set up.
                When using it you just apply, let it haze and wipe off.
                I advise my customers to not touch their car for 24 hours. Is this necessary? not really but some people will drive there car after a detail, get it filthy and wash it. So it might interrupt the cross-linking processor, in theory. So better safe then sorry.

As for topping it? Waste of time and money. I never do this and never will.
                Out of the thousands of cars I've done if I multiplied that by 2 or even 3 times, that adds up to a lot of product and time wasted on a "slight" improvement that no one will notice.

The biggest thing in making paint shine is getting it flat. Put your time into polishing and not waxing.
                Waxes and sealant are only there for protection and to ad gloss.
                Yes, thanks
                I,ll be acting upon @C8N advice.
                would be using White wax and after 12 or more hours i,ll be sealing it.

Comment

White Wax is a strong Cleaner wax and will remove the micro thin layer of 21

DetailingByM.com

Comment

I top M21 (NXT) or ULW with M26 on my personal cars, especially my Jeep that stays in the garage.

Then it's D135 and D156 for maintenance.

On a customer car, it's ether M21 or ULW and that's it, or just M26 if they want a wax instead of a sealant.

Comment

So I should then use White wax first , and then the sealant.. ??
                      To use the products which i,ve already purchased.
                      Because i cant buy 26 at the moment..

Comment

So I should then use White wax first , and then the sealant.. ??
                        To use the products which i,ve already purchased.
                        Because i cant buy 26 at the moment..

Yes, you will need to use the White Wax 1st because the White Wax would remove the Sealant.

Comment

Gr8.. Thanks bro.. Tomorrow all would be done.
                          Wash
                          Clay
                          Wash
                          UC
                          White Wax
                          Sealant

Comment

Gr8.. Thanks bro.. Tomorrow all would be done.
                            Wash
                            Clay
                            Wash
                            UC
                            White Wax
                            Sealant

Should work out really well for you.

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Working...