• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some help restoring headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also bought this and I have a 3" backing plate with an interface pad as well. So I can either sand by hand or use my PC

^ I also take this to work at the body shop. It comes in handy

Comment

@ pureart...petty sure 3M makes 3" sanding discs in 1200. I know for a fact they make 3"discs in the following because that's what is in their restoration kit, and what I order back-ups of. Dry finishing discs 600, 800, Trizact finishing discs 1000, 3000. The Trizact discs will last a long time do you don't have to order many. A local bpc in my town had a 3M catalog at their front desk and gets anything I need in like 2 business days, but many times already have then in stock.

Comment

Re: Need some help restoring headlights

2000 grit, 3000 grit then ultimate polish. Wet sand using even strokes, let the sand paper do the work dont press down too hard.

Comment

Hi! i have a 2010 car, i think that the heathlights are ok, and i want to keep it that way ,im just buy the plastx and my question is, since i read that this is a polish, if this will afect in anything the headlight? of curse im going to use the headligth protectant after the plastx

Comment

You would just want to apply gently if no correction is needed.

A mild product like ult polish would do the same though, or cleaner/wax.

Also, the HLP is meant to bond to the headlight, so might not want to put a protectant on first.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by marc otra View Post
              Hi! i have a 2010 car, i think that the heathlights are ok, and i want to keep it that way ,im just buy the plastx and my question is, since i read that this is a polish, if this will afect in anything the headlight? of curse im going to use the headligth protectant after the plastx
              I agree with Murr. A light polish such as Ultimate polish may be all you need followed by some sort of wax/sealant. Plastx is always good to have and you can follow with a wax/sealant as well.
              99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');