• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Liquid ebony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Liquid ebony

How many of your professional detailers and/or car enthusiasts are familiar with, and/or may have used a black colored product called: LIQUID EBONY?

It's stated purpose was to provide a "perfect finish" on black and other dark colored cars before applying wax or sealant.

It would fill in the micro scratches often visible on black cars, even after the most careful polishing/finishing.

Thank you for your replies

Regards
    Bud Abraham
    DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS

Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL DETAILING ASSOCIATION

Re: Liquid ebony

I definately remember this product from back in the day's...used it many of times.....followed up with "Harleys" carnuba for the "Olskool" detail look.
    David M. Sylican
    Innovative Detailing
    Headlight Lens Restoral
    Detailing Caddy
    Join us on Facebook

Comment

David

Thank you for your reply. Would you use it again if it were available on the market?

Regards
      Bud Abraham
      DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS

Comment

My farther used on his car when i was a kid. I would love to have bottle of it to show my dad. I would use it if was still around.

Comment

Not sure if it is similar or not, but I noticed that Turtle Wax makes a kit of products specifically meant for black cars...I think it was called "The black box" or something like that. Never used it though...

Comment

Not familiar with that product. A word of caution when dealing with companies that market both retail and professional products: "make certain, as a professional, that you are using products from their 'professional' line to insure you are using the best they have to offer.

Regards
            Bud Abraham
            DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS

Comment

Originally posted by buda View Post
              David

Thank you for your reply. Would you use it again if it were available on the market?

Regards
              Bud Abraham
              DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS

Bud,

Could be, as long as their is an application for it that doesnt duplicate what I already have. When it comes to black, I will often choose my 3m Perfect it 2 for dark cars. Having products that work at my fingertips is like a mechanic having the right size screwdriver for the right size screw.
              David M. Sylican
              Innovative Detailing
              Headlight Lens Restoral
              Detailing Caddy
              Join us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by buda View Post
                A word of caution when dealing with companies that market both retail and professional products: "make certain, as a professional, that you are using products from their 'professional' line to insure you are using the best they have to offer.
                Huh? Meg's has _MANY_ consumer ("retail") products out that being used by professionals. Ultimate Compound is just one example. A great product to be used by consumers and professionals alike.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');