• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Jesus was a compound... Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - Premium Custom Detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Jesus was a compound... Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - Premium Custom Detailing

His name would be M101.

My good friend Charlie Hahn was so gracious to send me a bit of his private stash of Meguiars M101 Foam-Cut Compound. This product was developed in Europe for their paint types and buffing styles. It is NOT available here in the US...

As soon as I put the pad to the paint I could tell I was working with a monster.

This compound not only cuts faster and deeper than M105, but dusts less and finishes better. Believe it or not!

I put together a Meguiars Compound Shootout on the Corvette I just finished (video soon to come) in this video that shows a direct comparison between Meguiars D300, M105v1, M105 current version, and the best thing since sliced bread... M101 aka Pimp Juice.

I am SOOOOOOO spoiled now. I know that there is a better compound out there and I cant buy it on a regular basis... Its just not fair!

Meguiars, if you're listening, please consider bringing this to market here in the US!

Meguiars Compound Showdown D300 M105v1 M105 current version M101 aka Pimp Juice Garry Dean Tampa, FL Premium Custom Detailing

Thanks for watching!

Re: If Jesus was a compound... Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - Premium Custom Detailing

Great job Garry, always enjoy your videos. I remember the M101 unveiling at the 2010 SEMA but lost track of it as D300/D301 got the spotlight, very interesting to see it in use side by side with the other heavyweight compounds from Meguiar's.

Thanks for sharing your results, also, your shop is looking good!

Comment

Re: If Jesus was a compound... Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - Premium Custom Detailing

Originally posted by Shawn Devlin View Post
      Great job Garry, always enjoy your videos. I remember the M101 unveiling at the 2010 SEMA but lost track of it as D300/D301 got the spotlight, very interesting to see it in use side by side with the other heavyweight compounds from Meguiar's.

Thanks for sharing your results, also, your shop is looking good!
      Thanks!

Comment

Video link is not working.. Will try again later.?

Comment

Another great video Garry!

M-101 is lookin' more and more like a 'I want it product.'

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by PY80 View Post
            Video link is not working.. Will try again later.?
            Copy and paste it.

Originally posted by BillE View Post
            Another great video Garry!

M-101 is lookin' more and more like a 'I want it product.'

Bill
            Thanks Bill!

Comment

Looks really good. Thanks for the videos Gary!!!

Unfortunately, wouldn't fit what I offer plus I'm worried about how it acts in the sun.

D300 is my go-to compound for working in the sun on hot days.
              Tedrow's Detailing
              845-642-1698
              Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn T. View Post
                Looks really good. Thanks for the videos Gary!!!

Unfortunately, wouldn't fit what I offer plus I'm worried about how it acts in the sun.

D300 is my go-to compound for working in the sun on hot days.
                Shawn I'm kind of at a loss here. You do major compounding directly in the hot sun ? I use quite a bit of d300 and don't think working on a dark color car in the direct hot sunlight would be very productive . It has a fair amount of working time under optimum conditions but I wouldn't care to try it outside in say maybe 80 degree or hotter and humid conditions. With that said we did have d300,3D-UNO,Menzerna and Optimum available during our testing session and as others and myself have claimed , nothing came close to m101 for available working time or correction.
                Live like you're not afraid to die.Don't be scared, just enjoy your ride. Chris Ledoux RIP

PAUL SPARKS / Distinctive Auto Detailing
                317-513-4678

Comment

Originally posted by Paul S View Post
                  Shawn I'm kind of at a loss here. You do major compounding directly in the hot sun ? I use quite a bit of d300 and don't think working on a dark color car in the direct hot sunlight would be very productive . It has a fair amount of working time under optimum conditions but I wouldn't care to try it outside in say maybe 80 degree or hotter and humid conditions. With that said we did have d300,3D-UNO,Menzerna and Optimum available during our testing session and as others and myself have claimed , nothing came close to m101 for available working time or correction.
                  What he said...

Comment

I don't really have a choice......I'm mobile, 19 (20 in a week) and have to do what I have to do. I make it work and I get great results.

Example being this Jeep Wrangler
                    Tedrow's Detailing
                    845-642-1698

Comment

Shawn you PM box is full.
                      Live like you're not afraid to die.Don't be scared, just enjoy your ride. Chris Ledoux RIP

PAUL SPARKS / Distinctive Auto Detailing
                      317-513-4678

Comment

Now it's not!
                        Tedrow's Detailing
                        845-642-1698

Comment

Nice vid!
                          Originally posted by Blueline
                          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
                            Nice vid!
                            Thanks!

Comment

I'd like to see what M101 on a wool pad via rotary could do! lol

Feel like doing a test panel for the team?
                              Originally posted by Blueline
                              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');