• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on drying technique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on drying technique

Hey everyone. I'm having a slight problem which is starting to be an annoyance. My technique for drying the car has always been the same. I take one MF towel and go around quickly to get the large water spots off, then I follow with another MF towel to dry what is left over. But the problem is, that first area I dry with the 1st MF towel are not COMPLETELY dry and start to leave dried streaks and water spots.

It's not a huge deal, I just rub them out when the 2nd towel is slightly wet but I feel I'm being too rough on the paint when I do that. Should I change my drying technique? What do you guys recommend and would it be ok to use UQD with that 2nd towel?

Thanks for the help.

Re: Question on drying technique

have you been using the water sheeting technique ?
    I use the Meguiars Water Magnet after the water sheeting technique, and it just takes up all the water and is enough for the whole car, and then i follow up using the UQD.

or maybe its time for you to re-wax your car.. :]
    Last edited by Ganesa; Mar 24, 2009, 07:11 AM.
    Ganesa,
    Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

Water magnets are incredibly effective for drying the surface and not leaving streaks using the blot and pat method. I unfold mine out lengthwise across the horizontal flat surfaces like the hood and roof, then fold them up to slightly overlap my palm and blot the vertical surfaces like the fenders and doors. I use several, so it's not necessary to wring them out as often.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganesa View Post
        have you been using the water sheeting technique ?
        I use the Meguiars Water Magnet after the water sheeting technique, and it just takes up all the water and is enough for the whole car, and then i follow up using the UQD.

or maybe its time for you to re-wax your car.. :]
        Oddly enough, I just waxed my car with NXT 2.0 a couple weeks ago. The only thing I'm thinking is that the car was sitting out in the sun for a little bit before I got out there to wash it. It happens when the car is cool but not nearly as bad as this time. Could it have been that the paint was too hot and I didn't cool it down sufficiently?

If this happens again, using UQD would be best right?

Comment

I usually get alot of water spots too if I don't dry my cars off in time, QD or UQD gets rid off the spotting and streaks all the time, so I think they would be your best bet.
          For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Comment

so it happens when the surface of your car is cool?
            it might be the right time for your car to have a clay and polish step..

but I think that the surface of your car was too hot when you began washing it, did you do it in direct sunlight?
            Ganesa,
            Toyota Vios '05

Theres a difference in a person who has to do it and a person who wants to do it

Comment

Yes. Unfortunately I had no choice. When I finished the washing step, I always pull it in the garage immediately to dry it. Guess the paint was just too hot still. I'll see for next time. Thanks, guys

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');