• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S55 AMG too sad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S55 AMG too sad

Here is a regular customers car, they use it as a beater for the most part. No hesitation to set stuff on it or whatever. Honestly this is one of those cars that I am actually embarased that I take care of it. I do what I can but I cant stop the curb rashes and scratches from happening.

As you can see the car doesnt really look that bad as far as being shiny and clean, but it was in dire need of a good polishing and some scratch removal.

First we went around and marked the areas that needed extra attrention with a grease pencil.

If you dont play you CANT win!

more pictures of the areas marked to be corrected

Comment

Nice to be able to use a Mercedes for a beater car

Comment

Next I went around and wet sanded the areas that needed to be sanded with unigrit 2000 wet paper.

Comment

Next I used #84 compound power cleaner to remove the sanding marks, this was done with a light foam cutting pad on the rotary.

Next step was to polish the whole car with a polishing pad on the rotary with #83 DACP to remove the fine scratches that covered the whole car, and to remove and swirls left from compounding the sandpaper marks.

The next step was to insure a swirl free finish, for this I used the pc set at 5.5 with a polishing pad and #9.

Fianl step was NXT on the PC set at 4.5 with a finishing pad.

Last edited by DETLMAN; Apr 8, 2004, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Here are some more pictures of the finished product, the owners will be happy to see how much better it looks when the come back from vacation.

Comment

Here are a couple reflection shots, the car came out very nice. Its still not perfect but it is very presentable now.

Comment

Nice job

I can't believe they keep a Mercedes as a beater. What do they drive as a non beater?
                Later,
                Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
                Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

They have that car and a lexus lx 470 ( actually 2 of the lexus ) and they pretty much just beat em up, kids etc. They replace them every few years.

They also have a Porsche convertible that is almost never driven. I guess it is just that they arent car enthusiasts but they can afford to drive what they want?

Very cool people though.

Comment

Hey Sqkykln,

Awesome job on an awesome car

Your write up was detailed, the pictures came out great and the car looks flawless. The way a Mercedes should look!

I'm kind of puzzled why someone would a Mercedes, especially an S class for a beater car! I really like S class line of Mercedes. Great work man,,,,deadman98

Comment

Sweet! How long did it take? What did you charge!

MBZ looks cherry!!
                      Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Wow! It must be nice to be able to trash a Mercedes!
                        r. b.

Comment

Yeah must be nice to have a car like that and it not mean anything.

Joe, took about 3 hours cant say what I charged though.

Comment

Originally posted by SqkyKln

Damn only 3 hours!!! I need to work faster Thats a sweet Mercedes To bad they dont treat it nice. Nice work on it though
                            Elite Mobile Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by SqkyKln

For three hours I would have tried to get $160-$200. Maybe a tad lower for good regular clients.
                              Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');