• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MBZ -back from the dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBZ -back from the dead

Here is an early 80s MBZ that sat outside neglected for years.

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Here is the same car with 7 hours of labor (two guys buffing for 3.5 hours) ----

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

We first washed the car with Meguiars soap with a shot of super degreaser mixed in.

Then we used diamond cut and a wool pad to clean the paint. We had to go around the car with diamond cut on a terry towel to clean the areas the buffer could not reach into.

DACP with a w8000 was used to bring out a brilliant shine. She is topped with #20.

Comment

Awesome results.

Comment

Hey SS get job!! That Mb looks brand new
          Jeff

Comment

Beautiful work Joe!
            Quadruple Honda Owner
            Black cars are easy!

Comment

MB Back from the dead

Joe

You are the man !!!!!

Bill P.

Comment

Great finish SS! That's one seriously marred surface. The roof must have been quite a challenge I reckon. But when you step back to admire the finish after those hours of labour and sip a cold one, there's nothing that could top the satisfaction!
                "Detailing is as much an art as it is a science"
                www.autodetailer.co

Comment

But when you step back to admire the finish after those hours of labour and sip a cold one, there's nothing that could top the satisfaction!
                  I couldn't of said it better!!

Comment

Jeez that looks amazing!

I like your sig too
                    Sean Busch

Comment

Wow what a difference....that`s a great job you did...

Comment

Magnificent results SS!!
                        I truly look forward to opening a thread with your name in it. Your results are consistently brilliant. I have also recently done a white MB of a slightly earlier age & i must say i'm slightly envious of your results..... WELL DONE!!
                        All people give pleasure : some when they arrive, others when they leave

Comment

Did you go right from #83 to NXT Teh Wax? That finish is flawless! I am not always able to go right from #83 to Tech wax as I have some minor swirls left on the paint. I only use a PC. To get the best results I have to run the PC at 6 and push down on the head until it just starts to bog down a little bit. The paint actually gets a little bit warm, but the results were quite good.

That paint on the M-B looks so great I don't think there is anything to be gained by using any other polishes before applying the NXT.

RamAirV1
                          2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Looks great, congrats on the results.

Comment

Yes 83 to tech wax. Usually the darker colors need the extra poishing step. This vehicle lloked real good without it (and it was a wholesale job-lower price) so I skipped any extra polish.

Thanks all for the compliments.

SHINE ON!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');