• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailed: Black Honda Accord 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailed: Black Honda Accord 2004

This is a Black Honda Accord which had very bad orange peel on it's original factory finish. The owner then sent it to a polishing center which further damaged the surface with poor surface prep, leaving the finish full of swirls, scratches and the original orange peel condition untouched.

The first thing I did was to wet sand the car with 1200 grit followed by 1500 grit to correct the orange peel which was then followed by compounding the surface using #85, #83 and #80. The surface was then waxed with NXT and allowed to cure overnight before being re-layered again with NXT. Total time spent on car was around 16 hours but would you look at that finish! Problem is, I've only got one of them 2 megapixel cameras so what gets captured is pretty limited definition-wise. Enjoy!

Before: Notice the paintwork's orange peel on the reflection of the flourescent tubes compared to the windows.

Before: More orange peel.

After

After

After

After

After
    Last edited by macdude; Dec 6, 2004, 11:30 PM.
    "Detailing is as much an art as it is a science"
    www.autodetailer.co

that Ride looks sweet man! very hansom..i like those black Accords. The finish looks very flawless..great job Did you wetsand the car by hand or by machine?

Comment

I'll bet the owner had to clean out his shorts after seeing the results...OUTSTANDING job
      Don
      12/27/2015
      "Darth Camaro"
      2013 Camaro ... triple black
      323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Don,

Thx for the thumbs-up! That didn't quite happen but my own pants we're soaked in sweat though

Vandelete,

I manually wet-sanded the Accord. On certain finishes I do utilize an orbital and dry sand the paintwork using 3M's Resin Bonded Pre-cut Film Sandpaper which has a soft velcro backing. Thx for the ups!
        www.autodetailer.co

Comment

That car looks absolutely amazing!

Very nice work!

Chris
          Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

looks great dude!!!
            Jeff

Comment

That's what I call professional!! Do you have a Meg's shop? Good job BTW!
              2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Thx for the comments guys!

Bri,

Yes I run a detailing center in Malaysia using the complete range of Meguiar's professional/detailer line of products. Meguiar's has got a complete system and gives me very consistent results which is a must as I handle a lot of showcars which require excellent finishes.
                www.autodetailer.co

Comment

Chris,

It's still a plain vanilla stock standard. Unlike your Accord
                  Cheers!
                  www.autodetailer.co

Comment

macdude~. was real impressed having seen the pics on your notebook before.

i still am impressed even if i am seeing it a second time.

Comment

Thx popiah.

See you this Sat for my mini-detailing clinic
                      www.autodetailer.co

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');