• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Photo in the article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Photo in the article

I was looking at the Mach 1 article at the close up you took of the black Mach 1. My paint is not that bad, but nearly as bad. Please tell me the steps you would take to clear that mess up. I do not own a PC but I do have a cheapo random orbital from Sears. Currently I have Scratch X, #9, NXT, Clay bar system and #2 polish. I am a little leary about using a machine on the paint, first time jitters. I would be willing to buy one though if you think that is the only way to remove the problems.
    Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

Hi 1BadMach!,

After all of the Mach 1 owners arrived, and before we started the class, we all walked down the rows of cars and inspected the finish while the owner would describe their car care program.

When we got to the Black Mach 1 in the picture, the first thing we all noticed was the horrendous straight-ling scratches running in-line with the length of the car. There were thousands of scratches going in all directions as the pictures show, but at the same time there was an easy to see pattern of straight-ling scratches in his car's finish.

Naturally, we chose his car to demonstrate on.

I have not gone through all of the pictures from that day yet. I'll go through them to see if I have any good after shots. And then I'll tell you how we fixed it.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks a lot, I can't wait to read how you fixed it. Now I must say that I don't have many straight line scratches but the swirls in the finish almost make the car look grey from some angles and it is just about ready to drive me nuts. I appreciate all your help on this.
      Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');