• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a contest for the Glossiest paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a contest for the Glossiest paint?

If this is what one coat of NXT looks like, I can't wait to put my second coat on. I snapped these pics yesterday evening right after I washed my truck with some Meguiars Deep Crystal car wash:

I bought a PC from Meguiars after I got some very bad water spots on my truck. I didn't know any better and started off using a cheap orbital buffer I borrowed from my dad. I ended up here when I was searching for a good one.

So far the only things I have used on my truck were the Deep Crystal #1 using the cheap orbital, and one coat of NXT using my PC I got here in last months Group Purchase.

I have plans to do a 2 or 3 stage polish job on the truck to get it as close to perfect as I can. It already looks better than it did in 2001 when it rolled off the assembly line thanks to Meguiars.
    2001 Lightning - 12.87@108 Street Tires, Street Tune
    http://www.ayresweb.com

beautiful

I told my brother he should buy one of these instead of the 04 Cobra he ended up with, but he wouldn't listen. How about some shots in the sun? Love the rims too. HREs are very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by gone2vegas
      beautiful

I told my brother he should buy one of these instead of the 04 Cobra he ended up with, but he wouldn't listen. How about some shots in the sun? Love the rims too. HREs are very nice.
      Thanks!

I've always been a GM guy, but when I decided to buy another truck, the Lightning was the only one for me. It has honestly been one of the most fun vehicles I have ever owned, and I've had quite a few.

How's this for some sun on the paint?

2001 Lightning - 12.87@108 Street Tires, Street Tune
      http://www.ayresweb.com

Comment

WOW!!!! NXT is just awesome isn't it?? What more if you're going to do the 2nd coat and the full polish job next time! Great!

BTW, I love your wheels!!!
        2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Looks amazing

I love those rims too :drool
          Sean Busch

Comment

absolutely awesome
            "at the end of the game, the king and the pawn go in the same box"

Comment

Looks great!

Nice Job!

Chris
              Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

CAUTION: WET PAINT!

Your truck looks like it was just driven out of the paint booth!

As far as contests go, when Meguiar's Online first started up, I created some forums for best reflection shots and best write-ups for Extreme Makeovers. To date, we've had some awesome write-ups, including this most recent extreme detail by GSRstilez

My MOST Powerful Before and Afters Yet!!!

And these two by DETLMAN and Superior Shine,

Bmw 745il Make-over

Lorinser S500 A Different approach

I noticed David has started something like this today on Autopia which is pretty close to what I envisioned for the Extreme Makeover forum. So let me come up with some rules and guidelines and we'll move forward from there.

Mike
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

This has to be the nicest looking Lightning I've ever seen in a long time.
                  The rims really set off the body styling.

Good job on the finish.

By the way who makes your rims?
                  Rich
                  If you don't have Meguiar's in your hand
                  DON'T TOUCH MY TRUCK

Comment

the rims are made by HRE. not cheap!

Comment

Lightening

Nothing against Meguiars or any other wax but that truck would look awesome covered in mud!

Comment

Re: Lightening

Originally posted by DSG Man
                        Nothing against Meguiars or any other wax but that truck would look awesome covered in mud!
                        I think it's a little too low to go 'froadin in.
                        It would look awesome doing a smokey burnout!

Comment

Very nice truck
                          http://iceburgh66.tripod.com/sig6.jpg

Comment

Whats up Shawn I've seen your truck over on SVTperformance.com, it looks better every time I see it, In fact the pics of your truck made me come check out this site..

Comment

that truck is looking great... spend a long time on it.. it shines great!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');