• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SRT-4 de-winged!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SRT-4 de-winged!

I removed the over-size factory spoiler from my SRT-4. It does look cleaner, but I'm still unsure I like it. What do you guys think?

Pics in my gallery. (too big to post here, too old to know how to resize them)
    2006 Honda Accord EXV6, 2003 Aprilia RSV Tuono, lots of Meg's products.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/galler...500&ppuser=832

Easiest way to reduce the picture size down is to go to the picture in your galley so it pulls up the medium size version of it. Right click on the picture, click properties. This will bring up a window with the pictures url on it, highlight and copy the whole url (both lines of it). Then come back to the post and put that in for the url and it will show a medium size verison.

Here's one particular picture.

But yeah looks a lot better. I never really did understand the whole wing obcession. What did you plug the holes with? It looks in the picture like there are some body color plugs in the holes.
    Later,
    Ricky

For great Meguiar's deals I use
    Auto Detailing Solutions

Comment

SolarA853,

Looks nice without the wing! To me wings usually look awesome or terrible, but nothing in between.

Good choice!

Chris
      Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

SolarA853,

I took some time to insert your images into this post. I hope you don't mind!

Before...

I like the change!

Chris
        Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

Thanks for the help/replies everyone. I used yellow vinyl to cover the holes for now. It's hardly a professional solution, but I'm not going to have the holes filled and painted. Dodge never produced Solar Yellow deck lids without spoilers. Of course there is carbon fiber... sigh
          2006 Honda Accord EXV6, 2003 Aprilia RSV Tuono, lots of Meg's products.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/galler...500&ppuser=832

Comment

Personally I would put it back on, its part of what makes it an SRT. Part of the look. I am not a big wing fan but since it came on the car I would leave it, also I would hate to have the holes start to rust or something like that, or worse leak into the trunk and eventually rot the floor.

Just my opinion, it really looks good either way
            If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

Originally posted by DETLMAN
              Personally I would put it back on, its part of what makes it an SRT. Part of the look. I am not a big wing fan but since it came on the car I would leave it, also I would hate to have the holes start to rust or something like that, or worse leak into the trunk and eventually rot the floor.

Just my opinion, it really looks good either way
              Car looks good but I agree with DETLMAN. The wing is part of what makes the srt a srt.

Comment

i think the wings(spoilers) on most cars is for stability at high speeds but some cars for me look better without the wing... like your car
                If you dont like the wing and you are not driving at really high speeds just remove it...
                de-winged looks more "elegant"

Zitosonic Detailing Spot

Comment

I agree with DELTMAN too.. I think the car looks a lot cleaner without a wing but it's factory installed.. It would also create problems with the leaking and rust issue..
                  2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

cant u get a non SRT neon trunk lid and just repaint it? no worries that it'll leak and rust.... or does the SRT have a diff shape trunk lid..

Comment

I am also going to have to agree with the earlier guys here. Yes the neon and srt-4 wings are hideous. But now it looks like any other neon besides the grill.

On another note, I still don't know why they gave up the neon coupe years ago, I think this would be a hotter car if you could get it in coupe form.

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of wings, but for such a tall one, that one doesn't look bad. I still think that it looks much better w/o it. If nothing else, it must be easier to see out the back now that you have removed it.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');