• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is my wet/dry vac strong enough to extract?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my wet/dry vac strong enough to extract?

I have a craftsman 2 gallon 1.5 hp portable vac. Is the 1.5 hp strong enough to extract liquid from carpet?

Here is what i want to do:
    Spray APC+
    Scrub with brush
    Extract with shop vac

Re: Is my wet/dry vac strong enough to extract?

Originally posted by dragonballz View Post
    I have a craftsman 2 gallon 1.5 hp portable vac. Is the 1.5 hp strong enough to extract liquid from carpet?

Here is what i want to do:
    Spray APC+
    Scrub with brush
    Extract with shop vac
    I'm sure it has more lift than the LGM, and a lot of members use one of those.

I follow my LGM with my vet-vac, but it's a 6.5hp I think.
    Rasky's Auto Detailing

Comment

I think the argument against the shopvac is that the chemicals that are being lifted up aren't good for. I have no idea if it's true or not though.

Comment

My shop vac is 6hp and I have a spot remover extractor with upholstery nozzle.

Shop vac would be fine!
        Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Shop vac will work fine, I have used one for years.The key is not to soak the carpet all that will do is drive the dirt down to later reaper after it dries.

Vac thoroughly,pre-treat stains with APC , have small bucket with very hot water just deep enough to cover the bristles of the brush, lightly spray 12 x 12 area with APC ,dip brush in hot water and shake out, scrub area, use just the end of the hose no nozels **** up the suds and water , go over several times than take a clean towel and go over area turning towel, that will pull remaining dirt from carpet and help dry.By looking at towel you will see the dirt, when the towel just looks wet and not dirty your done.

Comment

Follow Shyneman's advice and use as little fluid as possible to do the job and just about any vacuum would work.

Comment

No problem using a shop vac. It will have enough lift.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by SHYNEMAN123 View Post
                Shop vac will work fine, I have used one for years.The key is not to soak the carpet all that will do is drive the dirt down to later reaper after it dries.

Vac thoroughly,pre-treat stains with APC , have small bucket with very hot water just deep enough to cover the bristles of the brush, lightly spray 12 x 12 area with APC ,dip brush in hot water and shake out, scrub area, use just the end of the hose no nozels **** up the suds and water , go over several times than take a clean towel and go over area turning towel, that will pull remaining dirt from carpet and help dry.By looking at towel you will see the dirt, when the towel just looks wet and not dirty your done.
                Thanks

Just thought that 1.5 hp was on the weak side

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');