• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glass Cleaner turned brown!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass Cleaner turned brown!

My Meguiar's glass cleaner concentrate has turned brown. I keep in inside the house so it never gets cold. What could have caused it to change colors? Is it still good? The season is just about to start and I have a gallon of this stuff.

Please help.

Derrick

Re: Glass Cleaner turned brown!

Mine has too, but it seems to still work fine (have been using for years). It maybe the water we are using. I have used both distilled, bottled and even tap water, all seem to still turn brown(!).....????.....
    Purdue Gear head

Comment

Mine is still in the Meguiars gallon container and that has not been diluted yet and is not even a year old. Color goes crazy.

Mike tells me, can I add some blue dye to it? Or not?

Derrick

Comment

Originally posted by RayC777 View Post
        Mine is still in the Meguiars gallon container and that has not been diluted yet and is not even a year old. Color goes crazy.

Mike tells me, can I add some blue dye to it? Or not?

Derrick
        That last statement was a joke. I can't find the icons I want to use.

Derrick

Comment

For the life of me, I can't find the thread about product turning brown. If memory serves, it was the glass cleaner and nothing wrong with it. I remember the thread had pictures and all, and...even Meguiars had some in their shop that turned brown/orange. I'm sure Mike will update it when they all return on Monday, so be patient.

Aaron
          Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Originally posted by Nappers View Post
            For the life of me, I can't find the thread about product turning brown. If memory serves, it was the glass cleaner and nothing wrong with it. I remember the thread had pictures and all, and...even Meguiars had some in their shop that turned brown/orange. I'm sure Mike will update it when they all return on Monday, so be patient.

Aaron
            I found the thread. Here it is:

Like I said it was a joke. I can wait till Mike returns on Monday. Now Tuesday might be a different story .

Comment

It was a bad dye lot. It still works perfectly fine, but they shipped me out another gallon anyways. Great customer service there.
              Lydia's Mobile Detailing
              Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
              2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Bumping it up so I can get a response from the Mcguiar's guys.

Derrick

Comment

You're betting off picking up the phone and calling. (You will end up having to call one way or another anyways).

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');