• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pink to red?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pink to red?

Hi guys.

As you can see im new to this forum. I have tried searching but havent found what i want. So i hope this question isent extremly common. Im sorry if it is.

My problem is that my car has turned pink. I bought it that way directly from Japan. I use the car as a track car, but i still dont want i to be pink. I have tried a couple of rubbing compounds but nothing works. The oxid is REALLY thick. What should i do? Would ScratchX or something work?

Here is a picture of the car. Maybe you cant see the oxid but its still not red

The car is a -94 with no clear coat.

/Thanks

Re: Pink to red?

Actually if you do a search for "pink to red", there should be at least 2 threads on the topic.

What products did you try so far? Might help to know that... And any other up close pics as well.

ScratchX would be a good choice by hand. It would be a fair bit of work, but only removing oxidation could be a bit easier than removing swirls at least. The process is similar though either way.

Have you washed with a good wash solution, and clayed the car at all yet?

Give these threads a read to see the general process that one would do:

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle

Step 1 Wash

Step 2 Clean

Step 3 Polish

Step 4 Protect

Step 5 Maintain

Suggested Products for Taking Care of a New Car

What it Means to Remove a Scratch

How To Remove Swirls By Hand

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX

1986 Ford Bronco II - Extreme Makeover

Little hard to tell from the pic, but you may have to play around with the order a little to get best results.

The key for your situation will be to wash the car well, then pick an area, maybe a fender or part of your trunk. About 1 foot by 1 foot. Clay that area, then apply one or two very well worked in coats of ScratchX. See how it turns out. If it is good, great. Then do that for the rest of the car.

If your results are so-so, or the clay seems to get very dirty very fast, you may want to try a second test area, and apply the ScratchX first with some passion. Then clay, then apply ScratchX 1 or 2 more times. That should do it... if not, you will need help from a machine.

But do test areas first, fix a small area, then repeat that over the rest of the car.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Zebb View Post

I have tried a couple of rubbing compounds but nothing works. The oxide is REALLY thick.

What should i do? Would ScratchX or something work?

The car is a -94 with no clear coat.

Can you name the compounds? Did you apply these compounds by hand or machine?

In most cases, traditional compounds are the worst thing you can use because all it's going to do is instill scratches and dry out the paint, making the oxidation worse, not better, that is unless you're using a Meguiar's compound.

If you've compounded the entire car, the first thing you should try is to get your hands on a Meguiar's pure polish, for example any of these,

Deep Crystal Polish
      #7 Show Car Glaze
      #3 Machine Glaze
      #5 New Car Glaze
      #81 Hand Polish

Get one bottle of any of the above and shake well, then apply a liberal amount to a small section on the hood, rub it in well and then wipe off the excess and then post back here what you see.

If this makes the paint look better, then you can go over the entire car with the polish and afterwards lock in your results with a premium car wax.

If the polish doesn't improve the paint, then it's likely nothing on earth will.

Get your hands on one of our pure polishes and give it a try, if you can't find one of our pure polishes, you could also try,

#80 Speed Glaze
      #9 Swirl Remove 2.0
      #82 Swirl Free Polish

All of the above polishes, both the pure polishes and the cleaner/polishes listed are rich in Meguiar's trade secret polishing oils and it is these oils that bring out the beauty and richness of color on single stage paints that you want to get into your car's paint at this point in time.

Let us know what happens and quit using rubbing compounds on your car's finish for your own good.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

You can turn pink paint to red paint again, even in the most EXTREME cases if you use the right products...

The below were taken from this thread,

Open Invitation - Mercedes-Benz Extreme Makeover

Mercedes-Benz Extreme Makeover!

Open invitation...

If you live in the SoCal area, and would like to help be a part of the team that gives the below Mercedes-Benz and Extreme Makeover, then be at Meguiar's Garage Thursday, July 15th starting at 5:00pm!

The above car has sat out in the SoCal sun for over a year and since that time, as you can see by the areas of the finish that have turned white, the finish has greatly deteriorated.

Here's the finish after washing the car with a Meguiar's car wash soap.

It's already looking much better. Remember, Meguiar's car washes are non-detergent, and safe cleaning agents to clean without stripping and dulling the finish. They also contain conditioning agents to help maintain your car's finish.

The finish on this Mercedes-Benz is thoroughly clean, and we did it with out using a harsh detergent like so many people on other discussion forums are always recommending. In fact, as dry and oxidized as this paint is, washing with a strong detergent soap, (like dish washing soap), would only act to further dull and dry the paint out. Avoid the dish washing soap recommended by others, it's working backwards in the paint polishing process. (Assuming your goal is to create a beautiful finish)

After

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

ooh mi.wowwwwwww.what a divrince
          alberto gorin
          known as gorin002

Comment

this is off the main subject, but could my carbon fiber hood which looks like the before pic turn into the after pic and if so. HOW thanks

Comment

Is your hood clearcoated? I would assume so, but just making sure?
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                (Assuming your goal is to create a beautiful finish)
                WOW! Outstanding doesn't begin to describe the difference but can you please tell us what you did?
                ---
                Ignorance can be overcome but stupid lasts forever !

Comment

Thanks! Its this kind of help i need!

Some spots looks like that mercedes. I will take some pictures and explain what i have done tomorrow. Its 3am here, have to get some sleep

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');