• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shelf Life of Car Wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shelf Life of Car Wax?

I bought a few cans of paste wax, on sale, at the end of this past summer.

Right now, it is too cold, where I live, to wax. I was wondering if the wax I bought will be good to use when the spring/summer seasons come?

I am storing the cans unopened and at room temperature, with no excessive heat or cold.

Anyone have any opinions or information?

Thanks in advance!

They will be fine for use after winter with the way you are storing them.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike,

Will the chemicals and carnauba wax be as effective on the car's paint, once I open the cans to use them next spring/summer?

Comment

The answer is yes.

From our FAQ here,

http://meguiars.com/faq/index.cfm?fa...ection=_22#_22

You can typically expect Meguiar's surface care formulations to retain their full effectiveness for three to five years, as long as the container has been sealed tightly, and has not been frozen.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

?

okay, so the effectiveness of the products should last between 3-5 years? So, do we start counting the time when the product was manufactured or how many years the product sat on the shelf?

Why doesn't Meguiars imprint an expiration date or manufacturing date on their products so that their is no question on longevity?

Comment

Re: ?

Originally posted by fletch
            okay, so the effectiveness of the products should last between 3-5 years? So, do we start counting the time when the product was manufactured or how many years the product sat on the shelf?
            The 3-5 years statement is a general guideline, I personally have products in my collection over 60 years old that appear to work just fine even today.

If when you use the product, it does not live up to your standards, you can always take Meguiar's up on their satisfaction guarantee.

Why doesn't Meguiar's imprint an expiration date or manufacturing date on their products so that their is no question on longevity?
            This would be a great idea to post in our New Products Suggestion[/b] forum, here's the link,

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/for...?s=&forumid=32
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Note that, as a Meguiar's employee/representative, Mike sorta has to give err-on-the-side-of-caution answers to qustions like this. His "3-5 years as a general guideline" is a safe answer that you can take to the bank but I'd tune in to his comments on those old products he mentioned.

I'm still frequently working with a can of #16 paste wax that I first opened in the early '90s. Works great. I have enough pre-VOC-regulations cans of my favorite paste waxes to last the rest of my life and then some and I'm confident that they will remain perfectly usable.
              Practical Perfectionist

Comment

Re: Shelf Life of Car Wax?

So anything made post regulations will definitely not last as long? What have companies had to do to their products to meet regulations? Could anyone from Meguiars shed some light?

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');