• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to use for smooth plastic/vinly exterior trim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to use for smooth plastic/vinly exterior trim?

I was detailing a BMW and the paint and everything turned out great except fot the smooth plastic/vinyl that the side mirrors attach to and the two panels near the door jams in betwen each door. Know this was a faded gray color-originally black and if I applied some #40 it did live up to my standards. I forgot to try the trim detail which I left in my product box. Can anybody suggest anything as well as providing an explanation on how to apply so I get a nice uniform black finish instead of it turning out blotchy. Thanks.

I use a natural bristle paint brush w/ trim detailer on it. I find it's easier to service these areas using the paint brush instead of a rag or foam applicator. Also these surfaces usually have a slightly coarser grain than other trim & the uniformity of product application is facilitated easier w/the natural bristle brush. Good luck.
    Death Before Dishonor

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');